Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth w/ Factory Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default Bluetooth w/ Factory Setup?

This was just posted in the A6 forum, but I think we all know that THIS is where the cool, smart, beautiful people hang out and because I'm really interested in it, I wonder if any of you think that this would work with the jack in the arm rest? I've seen the DIY for integrating a Motorola Bluetooth kit, but I want to use the car's microphone and speakers.

http://www.compuplus.com/i-Grace-Dig...4ac063rhmyp36b

Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth w/ Factory Setup?

our car has a mic? where? i doubt that thing will work. sort of sounds like you need a landphone but then again it's not very descriptive.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:43 PM
3rd Gear

There's a mic in the A-pillar. All that thing does is make it so that you can use your land phone headset to communicate using your cell's service. I'm thinking of the A4 as one giant land phone.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:52 PM
5th Gear

i doubt i have a mic in the a pillar. i have a airbag there lol i have an airbag at every pillar haha. well if it does work, the price would drive me away. i would just get a bluetooth headset. plus you would have to connect the 2 things everytime you got into the car. that would be grrrr.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:57 PM
3rd Gear

I'm morally opposed to those ear buds. And as long as I leave the bluetooth on on my phone, I'd bet it'll connect automatically.

I emailed the manufacturer to see if they could think of any reason on their end why it wouldn't work. We'll see.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Will be cool to see - keep us updated on it.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Site Moderator

The mic is by your sunroof switch, see where there is a bunch of holes drilled there? If there aren't any holes there then you don't have a mic. But thats for the hands free phone feature if the car was equipped with the audi phone that jacks into your center console.
Bluetooth is usually assosiated with MMI systems that have it built in. You might be able to put in a NAV+ system in your dash with blue tooth and it would work.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

The mic is by your sunroof switch, see where there is a bunch of holes drilled there? If there aren't any holes there then you don't have a mic. But thats for the hands free phone feature if the car was equipped with the audi phone that jacks into your center console.
Bluetooth is usually assosiated with MMI systems that have it built in. You might be able to put in a NAV+ system in your dash with blue tooth and it would work.
So, do you think that that module wouldn't work? I can't really think of why not, the car would just act as a giant handset. I hope [8D].

Old 01-08-2008, 10:53 AM
1st Gear

Ikind of thought that since it's operating voltage was 12V DC that I could wire it into accessory voltage on the car, so when the car turned on, BAM so did bluetooth so it would then operate much like the newer bluetooth enabled Audi's. That would make me happy.

Now, I have a 2000 A6 which has the cell phone package (the obvious indication is the big cell phone button on the steering wheel) and the GPS system, someone above mentioned I might get the same function by installing a NavPlus+ system? I was thinking about doing that anyway to get the graphical maps.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

bump? curious for a def. answer

Quick Reply: Bluetooth w/ Factory Setup?