Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose system and aftermarket stereo quesiton, PLEASE HELp

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Bose system and aftermarket stereo quesiton, PLEASE HELp

Hey, just ordered a pioneer avic d3 navigation/stereo unit, i have heard that i might have problems with the bose speakers and amp and aftermarket stereo, can any one shed some light on this for me. Do i need anything to install this without problems besides a harness?
Any feedback is appriciated.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bose system and aftermarket stereo quesiton, PLEASE HELp

just one problem there is no harness. there is a harness to hook up but not one to power up the bose amp. i'll post later the how to i'm at work right now. i installed a touch screen and i had to run a power wire to the amp in the trunk.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

I have yet to do the install of my AVIC-N1 on my audi, BUT on my 300zx which also has a BOSE 'premium' audio w/a factory Amp I have done it.

Best buy sells a premium audio conversion adaptor you hook up in between the new head unit and the wire harness
DECK->Deck Wires ->Adaptor->New Wire Harness->Factory Wire Harness in car.
It was like 30-40 bucks.

As for powering up the factory amp, all you have to do is twist the amp power-on wire into one of the speaker wires, when the deck powers on and sends the power to the speaker it powers up the amp as well. The amp power wire just looks for any incoming voltage and it turns on, it really doesnt matter how much, as long as its between 1v and 12v it will work. The amp usually has a seperate power source it draws from in most BOSE factory setups, and the wire going to the back of the deck is just to tell the amp to turn on, not actually supply any voltage. The power wire has to be thick for the amp, a small wire like for a regular speaker would get really hot and melt while powering an amp for extended periods of time.

Again I dont know if the setup is exactly the same, but mine is hooked up this way to a factory BOSE system for 5 years now in my Z32 without problems.

I have also installed into my factroy premium audio system in my F150, and Probe, as well as the premuim facotry amp im my dads jeep limited. I installed em all myself, and none have failed. I have done 4 other cars without the factory amp and the only real diffrence was the one power on wire, or if it had a power retracting antenna.

EDIT: That adaptor is universal for any car w/factory amp or boosted speakers.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

MACK, thancks buddy i am putting the touch screen in friday so trying to get al lthe info ready

Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
5th Gear

what the **** are you talking about?????? there is a harness that works just fine.... just search online a little i know its there I have used one
ORIGINAL: mack29730

just one problem there is no harness. there is a harness to hook up but not one to power up the bose amp. i'll post later the how to i'm at work right now. i installed a touch screen and i had to run a power wire to the amp in the trunk.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

^ +1

Old 03-01-2007, 05:43 AM
1st Gear

look i know what i'm talking about no harness for bose system everything else yes but the audi with a bose system there is a plug but no interface to work with bose amp. i had to run wire to the power wire on bose amp work like a champ.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 AM
5th Gear

dude I know what im talking about to and i know for a fact that the wiring harness I used worked lol and i didnt have to run any remote for the bose amp it was hooked directly the the headunit with the adapter
ORIGINAL: mack29730

look i know what i'm talking about no harness for bose system everything else yes but the audi with a bose system there is a plug but no interface to work with bose amp. i had to run wire to the power wire on bose amp work like a champ.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

BadAss is thsui the harness you talking about? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SWFRUZj...sp?i=120701784

would this work?

Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

Conspawn you will need something like this, http://www.tune-town.com/Cars/stuff/pac/oem2.htm as well as an A4 wire harness. Thats what I did in my Z32.

Unless Badluck has an 'all in one' solution that im not aware of. Or you can reroute the wires like mack did and save some green.

Quick Reply: Bose system and aftermarket stereo quesiton, PLEASE HELp