Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought new OEM fan control module and fans still not running

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 02:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Bought new OEM fan control module and fans still not running

Hey guys, I have installed a brand new OEM fan control module for my 2008 Audi A4. My under the table mechanic said there was power going to the old module but none coming out. He said after I installed the new module the fans should work...they don't. After starting the car and turning the A/C on full blast, the fans are not running and the compressor is not turning on. He said he applied power directly to the fans and they came on, so I know the fan motors work, and should not be a fuse. Does anyone have an idea on where I should start to get the A/C blowing cold? I'm in Orlando, Florida and I would really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2016, 10:56 AM
2nd Gear

Do you get air to move if you turn the heat on? Since you state the compressor isn't turning on that could be a bad switch, low on refrigerant, or a bad compressor causing that. I am not sure if your fans not coming on would be related to the compressor. Since your mechanic could read power to the module that seems to indicate your control panel is working. I would start with confirming you have power to module (that you didn't accidently blow a fuse when you replaced it). If there is power there then check for power coming out of it again. Maybe you got a bad module.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 PM
1st Gear

The air blows hard with the heat or AC on, it's just not cold. When I hooked the 134a gauge up to it, it says no refrigerant, but the fans should still cut on. If I could get the fans working I would probably be good. I just wanted to see if there would be anything other than the module that could keep the fans from working. I was thinking about checking the relay. Thanks for you comment.

Old 04-15-2016, 08:21 AM
2nd Gear

Maybe I am thinking of the wrong fans. Are you talking about your engine cooling fans not kicking on or your ventilation fans?

Old 04-15-2016, 09:24 AM
1st Gear

The cooling fans, but I got it fixed last night. It turned out to be a high pressure fault in the compressor module that was telling the compressor to stay off. Cleared it and put in the 134 and I'm in business. If anybody is reading this with the same problem, make sure you check the electronics. It always seems to be the electronics with this car.