Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed Oil, Air Filter and Fuel filter F***in S**T show

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 01:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default Changed Oil, Air Filter and Fuel filter F***in S**T show

It took me 3.5 horus to change waht should have been an hour job tops, the air filter was easy jsut had to finagle the filter into the hole and vaccum out the air box, dirty as hell. the oil was interesting, i couldnt get the fitler off me and my buddy put so much torque on the filter we were denting it, the tool we bought for 5 bucks, holy peice of crap, finally got it off, Ive never done it before but my buddy has, the oil filter felt like it weighted 10 lbs it was rediculous got the new filter on MANN filter poured in the new oil and ran it checked the levels im about max full, poured into a lil to much i think. I put the old oil in the containers its barely over 5 liters i know my car take 6.3 about, i never got a check engine light and it never over heated. The fuel filter took the longest to figure out how to change but it was raly easy to do, i lost about a cup of gas from the filter, but that turned out to be the easiest of them all but i smelled theworst, so all in all it was a good day, i learnedalot about the car figured some stuff out i got a look at the under side of my a4looks good no leaks no build up, belt and stuff that i could see looks fine. The car pulls harder and ivenotcied alotbetter gas mileage, my air filter wasnasty full of grass and sticks and nuts.

Im about 40% done with the maintence i want todo so i know nutin big will go wrong with this stuff.
Next Timing BeltUltimate Kit

Old 04-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Changed Oil, Air Filter and Fuel filter F***in S**T show

next time you have trouble with your oil filter just stab a screw driver in it and use that to turn it

Old 04-16-2007, 01:41 PM
4th Gear

Well, next time it will be a piece of cake.
And you have some piece of mind about the condition of your car.
Cool!

Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

I had to use a screw driver to get my filter off, but I had to drill a hole in the filter since I couldn't just "stab" it through the metal hole. Even then I nearly broke the screw driver trying to loosen the filter, not to mention making a mess from all that oil dripping out. After that I bought a better filter wrench.

Did your car have the larger oil filter on it? Did you put the larger one on afterward? Mine had the small filter, so I'm glad I did it myself this time.

If you don't over tighten the filter you should have less trouble getting it off next time around.

I did my fuel filter a few weeks ago too. The hardest part was getting that awful plastic "rivet" out that held the plastic cover on.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:58 PM
3rd Gear

I'm finally going to get around to doing all my maintinence this weekend(unless some other crap comes up) I'm going to do the TB(ultimate kit from ECS), fuel filter, change oil, that should keep me busy.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
2nd Gear

Ya it deffinitly will, once you do it for the first time itll be so much easier, taking off the belly pan took while to find all the screws i only had 12 inchs to look around. Dong the timing belt i dont think i can do alone, looks like a lot of werk and i dont have any tools or real experience in doing that big of a job. plus 600 for the kit is alot right now, i hope i can get away for like the end of summer when i have more money to have someone do it for me.