Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B7 A4 2.0t

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Default B7 A4 2.0t

Well i saw there wasnt any threads on the new a4 atleast not that ive seen so any news, upgrades, or general views are good. post away...

I currently own a a4 2.0t fwd wish it was quattro!!!

Thinking of going with a GIAC chip.. hehehehe...

viziers

Old 03-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Default RE: B7 A4 2.0t

By the way for future refference(sp) where can i get ex. website and what is a good turbo ex. k04 r28 or somthing.

thanks all.
viziers

Old 03-12-2006, 01:59 AM
6th Gear

There are no turbo upgrades for the 2.0t. I have APR's chip and love it.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:45 PM

No turbo upgrades for the 2.0 Boo Hoo thats not what i wanted to hear but oh well. I did find out from an audi tech that if i did find a turbo id have to replace the manifold as well because if for some reason you take the stock turbo off the mainifold it becomes worthless or somthing to that point. Hmmm so i can go to the k04 turbo with a new manifold huh... Obviously im new to audi`s and it shows.... LoL limited options for my car i guess... That stinks...LoL..

P.S. Are there many mods for the 2.0 besides the usual chip/exaust mods are is the motor still too new for ups to come out with??

viziers.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:51 PM
2nd Gear

I think that tech is full of it. How can he say that a piece of cast iron is ruin when you take off the turbo...unless the B7 has a turbo manifold setup like a srt neon where they are both one piece.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:46 PM

I think that is what the tech was saying because i just called APR and the tech there basically told me the same thing.. But he did tell me that they are commong out with a believe he said a K04 stage 1 or 2 kit for about 4,000 and it will increase the HP to the crank to 300hp to 350hp to the crank. Besides in order for the turbo kit to be useful to me i need to get a new audi w/quattro.. I`m going to see what i can do about trading mine in for a new one..

Old 03-13-2006, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear

Maybe a dumb question, but I am guessing since its a B7 and you just joined here, the car is fairly new, why didnt you just get the quattro when you bought?? It seems like you already had intentions of modding.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:52 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: liquidxit2

I think that tech is full of it. How can he say that a piece of cast iron is ruin when you take off the turbo...unless the B7 has a turbo manifold setup like a srt neon where they are both one piece.
Yest= the turbo and manifold is one piece. If you go with GIAC, make sure you get the x-chip and not the sport chip. I'm sure some turbo upgrades will be coming out soon.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: flyinb501

ORIGINAL: liquidxit2

Yest= the turbo and manifold is one piece. If you go with GIAC, make sure you get the x-chip and not the sport chip. I'm sure some turbo upgrades will be coming out soon.

I have a b5 and I wont be going bigger then stock on the turbo. But man that sucks I hate how they do that crap when they know that people upgrade turbos as well as they go bad. hell parts would be alot cheaper if it was a two piece design.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy

Maybe a dumb question, but I am guessing since its a B7 and you just joined here, the car is fairly new, why didnt you just get the quattro when you bought?? It seems like you already had intentions of modding.

Well at the time i was in bad need of a new car because the job i had gotten was 65miles away from my house and the car i was driving was in no shape for the drive ahead and the fact that i only qualified for a certain amount with no cash down couldnt get a base model quattro and had to unfortunately settle for the FWD.. I thought about converting the fwd to quattro but that would require to much work and thus wouldnt be worth it. So im going to have to either just settle for the car i have which is not likly or trade this in for a newer one....

P.S. originally i had no intentions of modding the car since ive modified every car ive ever owned for the last 15 years "all volkswagons" i was trying to get out of the whole mod thing but.... well.. i guess once you mod one car its in your blood FOREVER!!!