Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sludge cleaning machine by bilstein

Old 11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Sludge cleaning machine by bilstein

So last saturday I was driving my gf home and the turbo starts sounding like a f'in dentist drill, now i just replaced the turbo 3,000 miles ago, (k03) so im pretty much asuming the previous owner knew **** about cars and didn't take care of the oil, nobody blow two stock turbos in 3,000 miles (car has 40k miles), so i go to the shop (an euro only shop) and they recomended i do an engine flush with this:

Bilstein R-2000

anyone here has any experience with this thing? sounds purty good to me, besides its made by bilstein, if not i'll write back how it turned out for me, oh, and i may be in need of a good k03, left my replacent one in TX, any offers? seems like my giac's gon have to wait till dec. [:@]

Old 11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Sludge cleaning machine by bilstein

Tell us how it goes, my turbo is also dying due to the sludge.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

how do you know if your turbo is suffering from the sludge?

Old 11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
1st Gear

a good way to check id to take out the oil feed line and check for obstructiona and build up of sludge on it, also, in my case, being stock with an uncertain oil change record and a history of killing turbos on this engine, the most likely cause of it is oil starvation to the turbo, from sludge..., but not only the turbo suffers from sludge, the enire engine is vulnerable to it, if not taken care of, change oil, synthetic, every 5k miles, use the uopdated oil filter and, if this bilstein r-2000 turns out to be any good, id do it periodically, ie, every 30,000 miles

Old 11-06-2006, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear

how much are you going to spend on that? there are cheaper way to flush your engine. like this;

http://www.valvoline.ca/pages/products/valvoline.asp

look under engine flush...

Old 11-06-2006, 07:27 PM
3rd Gear

Use auto-rx for sludge... its some of the best stuff out there. Don't use the OTC stuff as those are harsh solvents and may do more harm than good.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:31 PM
4th Gear

hey arif does that valvoline stuff work well? I'm doing an oil change in the next 500 miles and I wanna do an engine flush just before. Any other suggestions or options?

Old 11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

they're only chargin 50 bucks+the oil change (90), so why not give it a chance? anyway id be weary if it wasn;t bilstein that designed the machine and the solvents, i actually sent my sister's passat(1.8t) to get it done cus she hadnt change the oil in a long time, i borrowed her car and asked her when was the last time you sent it to be serviced, and she was like, what do you mean service? the oil was fucked, i mean it looked like tar, i'm picking uo the passat in an hour, i'll post back how it came out....

ps. before the turbo went i was thinking of doing seafoam, the valvoline looks good too, i just think this may be a more thorough cleanign since im already runing into a lot of sludge issues and its not expensive at all...

Old 11-06-2006, 08:18 PM
1st Gear

50 bucks isn't bad, I've foamed my system and it didn't fix the problem. Course I am just going to use my issue as an excuse as to why I *need* to uprgrade to a K04.... my wife just doesn't understand the need for a bigger turbo. If my current one happens to die however.... well

Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

i hear u, wish i could go k04 but all my $ is tied in my bussines.... tell your wife u want a BT to get home sooner to her....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sludge cleaning machine by bilstein