Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wanna spend some $$.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:44 PM
1st Gear
Default I wanna spend some $$.....

OK Guys - I know we have a lot of experience here on this forum......

I want to start upgrading my totally stock 2003 B6 1.8T. I've got maybe $500 - $800 now and I'm sure a chip is the way to spend it.

The question is APR, REVO or GIAC.

I'm in the Chicago area and there are dealers for all somewhat local to me. Most convenient, and the only one I have visited so far is the APR dealer but will go with the best product-dealer combination.

I did searches on this forum and really didn't find the answers that I'm looking for.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: I wanna spend some $$.....

ORIGINAL: Russ03A4

I did searches on this forum and really didn't find the answers that I'm looking for.
Damn dude you must not have searched very hard at all, this is one of the most talked about and covered questions around here. I think most people agree that you should go with whoever is closest, and REVO has a great chip for the B6, APR and GIAC are great too. I dont know of many pepole having giac on a b6 though.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

Actually a good part of my question refers to the Chicago dealers.

APR - sold and installed by GRD in Naperville. Been there, nice guys, seem knowledgeable, near where I work (once a week).

REVO - Renn Art in Arlington Heights - Seem to have a very good reputation on this forum. I've never been there.

GIAC - dub werks in Libertyville. Also have never been there.

All about the same distance from my house. Location is a minimal factor for me.

I'm an "old guy" 47yo and looking to "juice" my daily driver. I put about 30k miles on my car each year so it's a daily driver and needs to be reliable. If I find the right place, I'll spend some $$ there in the next years.

Make sense?

Old 03-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Russ03A4

Actually a good part of my question refers to the Chicago dealers.

APR - sold and installed by GRD in Naperville. Been there, nice guys, seem knowledgeable, near where I work (once a week).

REVO - Renn Art in Arlington Heights - Seem to have a very good reputation on this forum. I've never been there.

GIAC - dub werks in Libertyville. Also have never been there.

All about the same distance from my house. Location is a minimal factor for me.

I'm an "old guy" 47yo and looking to "juice" my daily driver. I put about 30k miles on my car each year so it's a daily driver and needs to be reliable. If I find the right place, I'll spend some $$ there in the next years.

Make sense?
They are all reliable and give about equal gains. If revo is close, I think they offer a 15 min. trial of the chip. If you want to find a place where you can start a long term business relationship as far as moding goes, go with revo or apr... They have the most to offer for your B6 out of the 3 i think. Keep using the search link and you will find endless info on this subject.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:23 PM
1st Gear

I'm out of warranty now so I also want to do more upgrades in the near future, including more software, turbo, etc. Also suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc.

Any of the dealers viewing this, feel free to tout your business, just don't bash the other guy.

Thanks.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

[/quote]
They are all reliable and give about equal gains. If revo is close, I think they offer a 15 min. trial of the chip. If you want to find a place where you can start a long term business relationship as far as moding goes, go with revo or apr... They have the most to offer for your B6 out of the 3 i think. Keep using the search link and you will find endless info on this subject.

[/quote]
I think I'll go visit Renn Art this week.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Site Moderator

Check out www.goapr.com if you havent.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:44 PM
3rd Gear

yeah go and visit renn-art. Go with revo because "incase" if you wanna have more power later on, Revo has SW for BT setup (elim series for B6) and you can pay less just upgrade your SW.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Check out www.goapr.com if you havent.
Yep, been to all the manufacturers' sites. They all have similar gains and all look like quality products.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Site Moderator

So go get Revo and let us know how it goes..!

Quick Reply: I wanna spend some $$.....