Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the curb needs to die..

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:00 PM
1st Gear
Default the curb needs to die..

so i was parking today and i scratched my GAWDAMN rim! arrgggggggggghhh...i'm sooo PISSED!

i wanna kick someone's ***...well my own that is...for my STUPIDITY...ugggggggh..

okay, so now i ask..is it possible to get this fixed? if so..how much does it cost? cause yes rims will get scratched but it really really bothers me that my car is like this now..it's about 1 1/2 inches long and it's along the perimeter of the rim...it's kinda bad...it's noticeable...and it's just plain irritating to look at...

this is painful...

Please no comments about how girls are bad drivers..i suck. [:@]

Old 06-21-2005, 06:49 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: the curb needs to die..

There are repair shops in almost every mid sized city. Just look in the yellow pages for wheel and tire shops or ask someone at a local shop. There are ads in alot of car magazines for shops that specialize in this type of repair. I've seen a place advertised in Autoweek alot. I have a huge chunk out of one of mine. It was like that when I bought the car. Its begining to annoy me now (not to mention it hurts like hell when I rub my nuckles across it when I'm cleaning the wheels) so I'm probably going to get it fixed soon.

Old 06-21-2005, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear

i'm so sorry for your rims (as we call them wheels) i hope you get them porsche wheels fixed because they look good to be scratched

Old 06-21-2005, 08:44 PM
5th Gear

There is a DIY somewhere on audiworld... the guy was fixing a porsche rim just like yours, if I'm not mistaken. Came out great.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:11 PM
4th Gear

ouch no good, im lucky i havent nicked my wheel yet

Old 06-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Administrator

im sorry to hear that
come on Jenn lets go have a talk with that curb wit a sledge hammer

here
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml
i dont kno if u can do this but give it a try Jenn or have one of your friends do
or just go to a shop

Old 06-21-2005, 09:17 PM
1st Gear

I know what you mean man, I had my RGR's BBS rims for a couple of weeks when accidently miss calculated the curb [:@]and now i have curb rashes on both my rims on the right side. So now iam going to get them fix and powercoated as well

Old 06-21-2005, 11:05 PM

anyone know if there is something out there to prevent it or fix it easily? Maybe a chrome paint?

Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

yeah i called around places to see how much it's gonna cost to get it fixed i really can't stand it...

so has anyone ever been to wheel techniques in santa clara? or rite way in walnut creek? i hear those places are okay...rite way quoted me $125 while wheel tech quoted me a range between 125-200 depending on the deepness of the scratch and my wheel yada yada yada...so yeah..does that sound about right or can i get it for cheaper? and remember i'm in the bay area so everything is always more expensive..

unless someone knows of another wheel repair place in the san jo area..

Old 06-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Administrator

damn the price u pay to for lil accidents

Quick Reply: the curb needs to die..