Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cylinder misfires, car shakes while driving & at idle, whats wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 02:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Cylinder misfires, car shakes while driving & at idle, whats wrong?

I have attached a video of me explaining everything that is wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thank you guys!

Old 01-25-2016, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear

What mechanics did you go to? I would find an Audi repair shop that can look at this for you. Not a dealer necessarily, but someone that works on Audi or German cars. The oil warning is not telling you need to change the oil. It is telling you that your oil level is low. If you oil is full then that sounds like the oil sending unit is going bad. The ticking noise is pretty normal for these cars. But, with your low oil light going off that could also be making it louder. Can't really help with the noise at 60mph.

Oh, and for the love of god get some gas in that car!

Old 01-26-2016, 06:12 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rhodes991
What mechanics did you go to? I would find an Audi repair shop that can look at this for you. Not a dealer necessarily, but someone that works on Audi or German cars. The oil warning is not telling you need to change the oil. It is telling you that your oil level is low. If you oil is full then that sounds like the oil sending unit is going bad. The ticking noise is pretty normal for these cars. But, with your low oil light going off that could also be making it louder. Can't really help with the noise at 60mph.

Oh, and for the love of god get some gas in that car!
I would really appreciate that. I am in Los Angeles. And it's odd, I put gas and it doesn't sense it or something. For example, I could put a full tank of gas and it'll say I have half a tank.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:16 PM
1st Gear

I had a similar problem two weeks ago with my 2009 A4. The car just lost power; I drove it to the dealer in manual mode. My Audi dealer found a burnt exhaust valve on #3 cylinder. That's why I got the Check Engine Light. When you have an engine problem it disengages the stability system; that's why you get the EPC light. That EPC light is just one result of your problem, but not the problem itself. I had them disassemble the engine to see the extent of the damage ($1400). They recommended replacement of the cylinder head assembly with all new valves. (Another $4200). This is not what you would expect of a car with only 73K miles. After considering all my options I decided to have them repair the car. I should get it back in a week; with a new limited warranty on the engine repair.