Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheels and suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:11 AM
1st Gear
Default wheels and suspension

I've got a silver 99 a4.. getting wheels and suspension first. throw some ideas at me. prolly going 18s maybe 17s but prolly not. and going for a good quality suspension. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Default RE: wheels and suspension

get H&R coilovers or Koni coilovers. There are alot of options for this. Depends on teh drop u wanna do too. U can go with springs and shocks if u want to. I just liek coilovers. LIke the H&R sport springs and bilstein shocks. here are alot of options.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:37 AM

I was once where you are now; I have the car... what do I do now...

My first decision was to get the rims. Got them pretty cheap with a package deal, off EBAY since I loved the simple style of it. I didnt have enough money for the suspension till later. My car was like a monster truck and handled like ***... the shop I frequent said it was the tallest A4 (or car, for that matter) they had ever seen.

Suspension should be the first thing on your mind because its leaps and bounds better than the stock setup. I have the NEUSPEED Sport springs with Bilsteins grooved shocks (allows the person to adjust them). I recommend this if you want something nice but not harsh. Depends on what you want.

I cant stress this enough, suspension first!

Old 07-10-2005, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

right on thanks guys. another thing that came up (keeping in mind that i came from the rice burning scene) am i going to need a camber kit with a new suspension? also is this an expensive process to have done labor wise? it wasnt too bad with my old civic but im sure its prolly different with an a4.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:59 PM

Ya.. thats why Im saying do suspension first, since its going to cost a bit. It will probably be the same price as wheels and tires. More than a grand if you go with springs and shocks.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:31 PM
2nd Gear

You shouldn't need a camber kit, unless you drop it an insane amount. Their are camber kits out there but they are pretty expensive and its just not worth it. The best bet is if you still have the car when you replace the control arms is to get adjustable control arms so you can adjust your camber. Otherwise don't worry about it just rotate your tires alot. And deffinately suspension first.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:34 PM

u might want to look into the ECS coilover kit.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96
u might want to look into the ECS coilover kit.
It's not worth it. Figure $600-700 for struts and springs and i think the coilover kit is around $260. I got my koni coilovers for $895 shipped and i think that price is still goin on.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:31 PM

Where did you find this price? Normally, coils are over a grand... and thats all Im finding for Koni.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
1st Gear

yeah im not finding anything either..

Quick Reply: wheels and suspension