Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with accelaration/stutters?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Help with accelaration/stutters?!?!

Hey, first of all, this is my first post, but i've been reading the forums for a couple of weeks, and most of u guys seem to know your s***, anyways heres the thing:
I have a 1.8T B5 2001, when I accelerate more than half throtle the engine doesnt really pull like it should, it does rev, but theres about a 30 - 40 percent less power than i used to feel like, if i play with the gas pedal, and loosen it and step on it again i can feel the power coming back, but then it goes after shifting gears and i have to do the same again, las night i cleaned the tb, and repaired a broken vacum line that goes from right before the turbo on the intake to some other vacum lines in top of the airbox, i also cleaned a valve that had a lot of junk on the same intake hose to the turbo, this one went to a steel tube that goes around the engine thru the back, this greatly improved the response but i still feel that the power is "stuck" unless i play with the gas.
any help is welcome, thanks!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Default RE: Help with accelaration/stutters?!?!

accelerator cable sticking/throttle butterfly plate sticking/air leak, please don't diss the people on here they know more than you think

Old 02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

Hey man, first of all I wasn;t dissing at all, i meant to compliment, i know what people like you know, i have read you posts, that's why im here for help, so if it seemed offensing, my apologies.
now, to the problem, its a dbw, and i cleaned th tb and tested it so that aint it, it feels like a bad maf, but theres no check engine light, could a dv cause this??, i really need to trouble shoot this cus im going on long bussiness trips this month, thanks

Old 02-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Help with acceleration/stutters?!?!

no problem mate I like to keep things clear for active long term very experienced members and im just a child in there eyes cough, check your throttle cable " is it lose or set to lose power" often done for new car drivers so they cant get full power, next is a cone filter mod ( I know that will be controversial lol ) but the engine doesn't like it air/fuel mix problems, leaks in the pipe work is common to loss of move of power

Old 02-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Default RE: Help with acceleration/stutters?!?!

mind you, you can dis me 24/7 every one else does

Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 PM
DVA
1st Gear

I`ve got the same problem, even worst, mine isn`t running more than 70-80mph no matter what gear I`m in. Simply doesn`t boost.
No power in 4-5-6 gears, and 2-3 gears much less than usually...
don`t know what the problem is but I`m going to run a computer test within few days...

anyway the problem it`s coming from air/fuel intake.. I replaced the fuel filter and noticed a slight better power so maybe the injectors are still bad and need to be cleaned or worst the maf needs to be replaced.. keep me posted if you`re going to solve it faster. thx

Old 02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

accelerator cable sticking/throttle butterfly plate sticking/air leak, please don't diss the people on here they know more than you think
01 is DBW right?
He wasnt dissing anyone

Old 02-09-2006, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, the loss of power is pretty much what im getting, but not as bad as you describe it, 01 is dbw, so my last suspects are the injectors and/or the maf, but im running late all the time this days, so are any of the injector cleaners sold on bottle any good, i would like to give that a shot, i just got a vagcom on ebay but it hasnt arrived yet, so as soon as i get it, ill scan it and post what i get, thanks for the help guys.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:15 PM
5th Gear

Stuttering could be bad plugs too... wierd that you're not throwing a CEL.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:23 AM
DVA
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tommygn

Yeah, the loss of power is pretty much what im getting, but not as bad as you describe it, 01 is dbw, so my last suspects are the injectors and/or the maf, but im running late all the time this days, so are any of the injector cleaners sold on bottle any good, i would like to give that a shot, i just got a vagcom on ebay but it hasnt arrived yet, so as soon as i get it, ill scan it and post what i get, thanks for the help guys.
don`t waste your money on those bottles,, I`ve tried two bottles and nada..

Quick Reply: Help with accelaration/stutters?!?!