Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check it out

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 PM
1st Gear
Default check it out

hey wats up guys am considering geting an audi wat do u think about this one i need sum advice i pick 2 out #1 http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...0&aff=national or #2 http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...llerFirst=true

Old 06-23-2006, 12:19 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: check it out

Don't like the champagne color on number one but thats just my personal thing, mileage isn't that bad. As for number two...two things, FWD and 151k, I would keep looking. I don't own a 1.8T but I think a 99+ would be better. About 20 more hp I believe.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

ok i see see my price range is 4-7gs though so iono if i could find a 99+ i don't mind working on it to make it kool but am in college so am not going to be earing alot of moeny yanno mabye 120 a week

Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 AM
4th Gear

Well the mileage isn't bad on the first one, just make sure the TB has been done, and if it isn't you could probably get em to drop $500 Do what I did, go there show em the cash and say I won't spend a dollar more, if they don't budge walk out. Go back another day do the same thing, eventually they'll drop their ridiculous price

Old 06-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Site Moderator

Make sure both have the timing belt done. The first is due for it's first belt change and the second is coming due for it's second belt change. At a dealer it will cost over $1k. Always get a carfax.

Is there anything specific you need it to have? Manual or auto? do you want quattro? Are you going to mod it? Does the engine type matter to you? If you're in college with a limited budget you may want to get a 2.8 or maybe even go with a cheap a to b car for a while.

Don't use just one car site. Browse the local used car dealerships. There's also a lot of very good and well kept Audis in the forum classifieds here and on other Audi forums.
99 1.8tq manual for $7k
98 1.8tq auto for $4,900
96 2.8L fwd auto for $6700
98 2.8L fwd auto for $6800

Don't look at price alone. Make sure it's in good shape, preferably with low mileage. Make sure to ask for a maintenance record. Before you buy it, take it to a private mechanic or the stealership and have them check it out. It may seem like a pain, but it can save you from buying a lemon.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

ok i need an auto cuz my parents only have one car so they use mine sometimes when they need it. I want the audi because i like the body and the interior i would plan on doing mods for the car in steps like rims and brakes.,A system, chip exhaust yanno. I want sumthing with speed but i mean i don't need a 400hp car just sumthing that will get up every once in a while i wouldn't be pounding the turbo everyday. I luv the audi style and look. I don't mind puting in wrench time. Kinda worried about high milage cuz am not very knowledgable about the service with the audi's. I would sell my camaro for like 5 and then watever i have after summer would use to put in the audi. In a short i want a car thats different from the fast and retared hondas and nissans and that i can have a nice system with a litte hp to spare oh and by the way i luv the sound of a turbo

Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Zombie Defense Force

tell your rents its your car and get a stick and make them spend 30 min and learn how to drive it lol

Old 06-23-2006, 01:52 AM
1st Gear

lol i might lol but it would be my first stick too and iono how much a clutch would cost and i am in cali the worst state for a clutch in my opinon

Old 06-23-2006, 01:54 AM
Zombie Defense Force

lol try driving a stage 3+ in trex zone in colorado, or up I-70 in over an hour in traffic. and they are not that bad. i just had my brother who is 12 and my sister who is 15 out driving my car in my neighborhood, no joke.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

o so its not bad in traffic thats good news. seriously i want an audi with sounds rims and power and thats not gonna braek down every other week. I don't mind rebuilding the engine if i could possible afford it?

Quick Reply: check it out