Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does it cost to maintain a 2006 A4 TT?

Old 05-04-2015, 05:08 AM
1st Gear
Question How much does it cost to maintain a 2006 A4 TT?

Hey guys.
I'm going to be purchasing a 2006 Audi A4 S Line Tiptronic quattro soon but before I do I'd like to know some details about its maintenance.

I know because it's an Audi it will be more expensive to maintain than other cars, but some people give crazy numbers. Is it really that expensive to maintain this vehicle? How much should I expect to pay on average per year? The car has done 150,000 km's and is from a dealer, good service history. '

Will I really be paying a lot to keep this car under check? Or are people just exaggerating or being really cheap about it, I'm definitely fine with paying a little extra just to own a car like this but if I'm going to be paying more than a fair amount I'd like to know.

If you guys could help me out here it would be great, thanks!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:12 AM
2nd Gear

Really depends on the car. Some here have run into more repairs than others. Their view will be skewed to the more expensive side. I have not experienced that myself. In my case I spend less than $400 (US) each year. That is not counting the major repair (timing belt) that I did last year. Even with that a Honda probably wouldn't have been much cheaper to replace the belt on.

I do know that an oil change runs me just shy of $100 where my wife's Kia is about half that ($45 to $55). That is the difference in fulll synthetic and regular oil.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:42 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rhodes991
Really depends on the car. Some here have run into more repairs than others. Their view will be skewed to the more expensive side. I have not experienced that myself. In my case I spend less than $400 (US) each year. That is not counting the major repair (timing belt) that I did last year. Even with that a Honda probably wouldn't have been much cheaper to replace the belt on.

I do know that an oil change runs me just shy of $100 where my wife's Kia is about half that ($45 to $55). That is the difference in fulll synthetic and regular oil.
So is it really a huge a risk as people bring it out to be if I went ahead and purchased this 2006 A4 model I've mentioned? I get a lot of mixed responses but assuming I take care of this car well, should I be fine unless I get some big random problems? I have my brother and sister assisting me in finance so surely maintaining it won't be THAT bad will it?

Old 05-04-2015, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear

I don't think so. At least not any more so for an Audi over any other car brand. If the car has been taken care of and you do the same I do not see the risk being any higher with an Audi over a Honda, Toyota, etc...

Old 05-10-2015, 02:46 PM
1st Gear

Depends on the kind of owner you are. Are you the type to wait for a CEL or an in your face driving issue to make you aware of an issue that's been culminating? Would you even care at that point? Or, are you the type that has the ability to keep a close and regular watch on things with experience, tools, and knowledge.

Maintenance and repairs rack up if you outsource. The mileage on a 06, obsolescence is already showing. If cost isn't an issue go for it. It would be bad to cause a burden to your siblings because of a repair bill that you can't cover. Somethings you can't avoid regardless of how well you're maintaining and you'll have to replace parts.

To put it bluntly, high mileage audis aren't for the type of driver that doesn't want to spend more than several hundred bucks a year to maintain. Some will argue that they are and I'll go over their cars visually and with vagcom and find issues culminating. Still love the platform. Good luck