Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP WITH AMP INSTALL ON 96 A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:18 PM
1st Gear
Default NEED HELP WITH AMP INSTALL ON 96 A4

Hey, I am new tot the forum and was wondering if you guys could healp me with a problem I am having. I just bought a 96 Audi A4 and want to install an amp and sub. I have run all wires from the deck tot he rear and I am haviong a heck of a time trying to find a place to get the red power wire for the amp through tthe fire wall. Where can I find a hole to go through? andhow do you remove those plastic cover from under the dash to access the wire? Do I need to drill a hole on the fire wall or ios there and gromet somwhere where I can shove this power wire thorough? Thanks, RYAN.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: NEED HELP WITH AMP INSTALL ON 96 A4

ORIGINAL: RYANHASADD

Hey, I am new tot the forum and was wondering if you guys could healp me with a problem I am having. I just bought a 96 Audi A4 and want to install an amp and sub. I have run all wires from the deck tot he rear and I am haviong a heck of a time trying to find a place to get the red power wire for the amp through tthe fire wall. Where can I find a hole to go through? andhow do you remove those plastic cover from under the dash to access the wire? Do I need to drill a hole on the fire wall or ios there and gromet somwhere where I can shove this power wire thorough? Thanks, RYAN.
tot.
Tot.
Tatter tot

Now I’m hungry Ryan.I can’t think on an empty stomach. Let me go grab some chow and ill be back to help... or further pursue the typo jokes.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:57 PM
1st Gear

i ended up drilling a hole in mine but make sure theres nothing on the other side that would get in the way, make sure to run rca and power on opposite sides of the car

Old 10-21-2007, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

There are several things you can do.
Find an unused grommet

OR

Drill a hole (as always, use the utmost precaution you can when drilling holes into your Audi)

To prevent rust and crap like that you can coat the hole with paint or something if you want, then install a new grommet.
Insert wire, you can chalk it or use a good silicone caulk around the wire and grommet to get a good seal water and wire are just a nasty combo.

ALSO

We have this nifty little search engine on the forum that can tell you lots of stuff previously posted on the site and audio flies through these forums faster than those tatter tots you made me eat…

Please excuse me.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:21 PM
1st Gear

Dont drill a hole, I went through my ECU, if you open your fuse box, (Its on the driver side, the panel that is exposed only when the door is open, just pry it open, it held by tabs.), grab a wire hanger and some electrical tape, open up your ECU box, now there should be a hole there with a lot of wires going to your fusebox (which is inside the cabin), the hard part is fishing it through the hole to make it to the fuse box. One you have it in the fuse box, route the wire underneath the mouldings, and go underneath the backseat, Backseat bottom comes right out just pull on it.

When you finish, close up the ECU box, there will be a gap, because the wire is there now, but dont worry, just tighten down real tight, I live near Seattle and it rains here everyday, and still havent had any problems with water or other crap gettin in that tiny gap.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

werearound seattle hollisterrobsta? I'm down here in Vancouver.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

Vancouver, nice place. Used to drive my Audi down there almost twice a month cause my Best friend moved there, he moved back up to Olympia though, so I havent been around that area in a while.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

It was nice till yesterday's event now every time I drive around town I feel the need to be a road rage vigilantly...

damn kids.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

haha...I like how you guys have main roads that are like 50 mph throughout the whole city.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

Ill quote my black friend here "thats how we do."

Quick Reply: NEED HELP WITH AMP INSTALL ON 96 A4