Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi A4 Owner 3.0 technical questions/advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 05:09 PM
1st Gear
Default New Audi A4 Owner 3.0 technical questions/advice

Vehicle is a 2003 audi a4 3.0 Liter 180k Miles

Ok to start off, I did a search on youtube and a search on this forum before posting.

1: Headlight washer won't activate. I followed a youtube video how to test, turn headlights on, turn brights on, activate washer. Did not work, neither popped up. Where to go next? Should I pull out and apply 20-25psi air to them to see if they pop up? Are these even worth fixing?

2: Heated washer fluid. I normally install these on all my vehicles, but I read this vehicle already has one. How do I test? Is there a reservoir that I can test temp in?

3: Dome light doesn't turn on when drivers door opens but does when all other doors open, with this broken the "headlights left on chime" doesn't work either. I have changed out door pins on older 90's pickups but they were extremely obvious. Where is it? Where can I test it ect.

4: headlights, are not automatic. Has anyone installed an auto headlight kit. I have installed these in the past made by Directed electronics(small sensor you mount on the dash and turns on headlights at dusk/off at dawn, does anyone have a better option that they have used?

5: Fuel. I have owned a 04 range rover for 9 years, always put 87 octane in it no problems. The owners manual recommends 91 octane or higher.

6: keys, I am probably going to permanently bypass the transponder chip in the key, might go keyless push button or might get a second key ordered. I found a company that you can send a picture to and they will make a new key blank for you, but in order to program another transponder(if I don't perm bypass transponder) does anyone have any recommendations?

7: Vehicle startup, I noticed a smell of exhaust at startup but goes away after driving about 100 yards or so. I am going to change out the cabin filter this week, but this should not be normal, I would say if I installed a carbon monoxide alarm in the car it would go off. Anywhere I should start besides door seals, and firewall seals ect..

8: Do these vehicles come standard with a block heater? I am located close to the canadian border and was wondering if these come stock or If I will need to have one installed?