Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure light

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Default oil pressure light

anyone know what it means when the oil pressure light goes on then beeps three times then shuts off. It happened to me while in normal driving conditions. Manula says to stop the engine and check oil level but level was normal.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:18 PM
mca
Default RE: oil pressure light

Did you manage to get an answer to this question? The same thing is happening to me on my A4 and I am unsure if there is really a fault?

Old 07-12-2007, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

Blinking light does not sound good. I see you are both new to the forums. Did you try using the search feature. It's really helpful.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:27 PM

the light flashes for two reasons...first is when the sensor goes bad (which is not a big deal, cheap part)...the second would be because your oil pressure dropped to zero (which is very bad, and could cause major damage to motor)....I would say that you should get your car to da dealer (or locel shop) asap and have it checked out....it should be about 30 for da sensor and 90 for labor... I had da same problem and it was just my sensor, and it turned out oil was leaking from (slowly) it as well....good luck!

HERE'S DA LINK TO YOUR CURRENT DILEMA

Old 07-12-2007, 04:39 PM
5th Gear

before u take ur car anywhere's check ur oil lvl first. if it's low dont' drive ur car until u get sum oil to top it off. after u get enough oil in ur engine, take ur car to a shop

Old 07-12-2007, 04:45 PM
mca

Thanks all for your very quick replies!Just to confirm, when I switch on the ignition, the OK symbol comes up and the temperature indicator is then displayed. After another 3-4 seconds, the Oil Pressure indicator lights up and three beeps sound. Checked the oil and is as should be. Still the same thoughts?

Also worth noting is that the service indicator came on around the same time the oil light has. Could this be related?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:49 PM
2nd Gear

Make sure you have all your service records could be sludge build up

Old 11-27-2008, 09:23 PM

I'm having the same symbols on my b7. I put the ignition key on (no need to start the car) and the Coolant and Oil pressure show up once in red and then all other symbols (brake etc..) but then the OK symbol shows up at the end. No issues with the car at all (no rev limit etc..). I got the car yesterday but its just been serviced. It doesn't beep though (unless i was too excited).

I just figured it was saying "checking the coolant, checking the oil..." .. thought it was part of the diagnostic but searched anyway and found this thread.