Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPEN LOOP vs. CLOSED LOOP TURBO SYSTEMS...PLUS MY FORGE 007 DIY

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:40 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default OPEN LOOP vs. CLOSED LOOP TURBO SYSTEMS...PLUS MY FORGE 007 DIY

Well, i recieved my forge 007 in the mail yesturday and installed later in the night because i was exited to hear the difference.... but.... to say the least...with closed loop turbo systems, your just not going to have a loud BOV sound.... so... i am nowin search to find out how, how difficult, and if it iseven posible to make my system anopen loop and runwith no problems...i amassuming it will be a lot of work but i want to know how.

And for the DIY.... i read a few tutorials prior since i havn't done much work to this car and it looked like the best thing to do was to take the headlamp out.... so i did... and it was defenetly not nessesary....you only need to take the bottom engine cover or skid plate off to clearly see the DV... it took me 15 mis.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: OPEN LOOP vs. CLOSED LOOP TURBO SYSTEMS...PLUS MY FORGE 007 DIY

D you have the stock air box in your ar? If so just do the air box mod and you will hear your DV. It will be loud but not as loud as a BOV. Here is the link:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2260654

Josh

Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i did modify the intake a while back with the OEM DV still in place and it really helped... i could hear the dv blow off and the car was faster... and now with the forge 007... it is bearly louder than the stock one was.....

Old 03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

umm....as far as running to open air, you need to find some way to reprogram your MAF or maybethrottle position sensor. basically for it to work right you need to make the car not count on the recirculated air coming from your DV. now, you could just pull the tube off and drive, and my guess is your car would run fine. maybe a little rich, and you check engine light would probably go on. I guess, in the end, its really not worth doing so you can hear the PSSSHHH sound.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:30 PM
4th Gear

Running Rich = BAD!!!

Josh

Old 03-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

umm....as far as running to open air, you need to find some way to reprogram your MAF or maybethrottle position sensor. basically for it to work right you need to make the car not count on the recirculated air coming from your DV. now, you could just pull the tube off and drive, and my guess is your car would run fine. maybe a little rich, and you check engine light would probably go on. I guess, in the end, its really not worth doing so you can hear the PSSSHHH sound.
WTF are you talking about? Do you even know?
You cant "reprogram" a MAF or throtle position sensor... Do you just say this stuff to try and sound smart? It makes absolutely NO sense. Except for your last sentence, you are so wrong in every way its not even funny... The only way to safely run a BOV is to get a BT and BT file that doesnt require a MAF like redgoat, or to re structure the intake plumbing so that the MAF is after the BOV.
If you have stock tuning (no chip) a cone filter will help get you the psshh noise, but not much since there is minimal boost (7psi) being diverted. If you have a chip with a cone, or exposed filter, it will be way more audiable. If you have a BT and cone intake, it will be very similar to the BOV sound, but still not as loud.
Please dont bother posting if you are unsure about the info/help you are trying to give.. It clogs the site up with bad info and gives the site a bad reputation for people that dont know jack ****. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

dude, I've said this to you before, and I'll say it again, don't talk to me on these posts like you know more than me.
sorry if it was worded wrong, but you know what I meant. reprogram your onboard computer to either disregard or accept different information from the MAF without throwing a CEL at you. is that better? YOU CAN FOOL A MAF. I'VE DONE IT. so please, don't sit there and act like its not possible.
obviously this isn't something you WANT to do. and obviously its not worth doing for a dumb noise, however, it is possible. should I put in a disclaimer that says I wouldn't do it? does that make you happy?
also, just for the record, you're kind of an a-hole. I'm sorry, but if you disagree with someone, you don't need to act like an A$$. you could just say you disagree. I didn't call you a moron when you told someone to losen their lug bolts and drive around to get their wheel off did I?
ok then.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

dude, I've said this to you before, and I'll say it again, don't talk to me on these posts like you know more than me.
sorry if it was worded wrong, but you know what I meant. reprogram your onboard computer to either disregard or accept different information from the MAF without throwing a CEL at you. is that better? YOU CAN FOOL A MAF. I'VE DONE IT. so please, don't sit there and act like its not possible.
obviously this isn't something you WANT to do. and obviously its not worth doing for a dumb noise, however, it is possible. should I put in a disclaimer that says I wouldn't do it? does that make you happy?
also, just for the record, you're kind of an a-hole. I'm sorry, but if you disagree with someone, you don't need to act like an A$$. you could just say you disagree. I didn't call you a moron when you told someone to losen their lug bolts and drive around to get their wheel off did I?
ok then.
Weve had this conversation before, you were wrong then, and you are wrong now. You cant reprogram your onboard computer with stock tuning, 95% of the chips available cannot be reprogramed even with lemiwinks the way you are saying, and the only way it might be possible is with a stand alone. Try to re read your posts before posting them to make sure that they are worded correctly.
Tell me about how you tricked a maf before, and please dont forget the deatails, this would be of great interest to many people.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:52 PM
SoCal Crew Member

wow... someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed....alone.... (onepoint8tee)
but anyways.... back to my origional subject i would reallylike to find out what it wouldtake (if it includes a new maf, etc.) to make an open loop turbo system work.... i wanna blow off the excess air in theFACE of all those subaru's and evo's.... we got turbo too!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

I don't know how you can sit there and tell my I'm wrong WHEN I'VE DONE IT!!!!!! whatever man. you can sit here and think you know everything if you want to, but I know what I've done. I agree, however, that doing with the stock computer is next to impossible (though I've done itto a mitsubishi with a modus and a couple of resistors) but the fact is, there ARE programmable chips, and you CAN get them to do what you want, if you know what you're doing and have the equipment. please tell me I'm wrong again.

and I apologize for wording it incorrectly, but you know what I meant.

Quick Reply: OPEN LOOP vs. CLOSED LOOP TURBO SYSTEMS...PLUS MY FORGE 007 DIY