Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0411 Secondary Air Injection System

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
1st Gear
Default p0411 Secondary Air Injection System

Hey I know there are other posts about this(and they were all very helpful) but I was wondering since the SAIS isnt a super necessary if there was anyway to eliminate it all together and get rid of the CEL. My concern is if another code pops up I wont know its there if its something important. And I certainly dont want to pay the to fix it as its sooo expensive. So I guess my question is, is it possible to just remove the system without getting a CEL? or is there any other way to trick the ECU into thinking everything is on the up and up?

Thanks for you time!

Zack

P.S. I dont think its the pump because Im not getting the jet engine noise like the other people, im thinking its just a vaccuum hose or something but i just want to rid myself of the system all together

Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Zack1661
Hey I know there are other posts about this(and they were all very helpful) but I was wondering since the SAIS isnt a super necessary if there was anyway to eliminate it all together and get rid of the CEL. My concern is if another code pops up I wont know its there if its something important. And I certainly dont want to pay the to fix it as its sooo expensive. So I guess my question is, is it possible to just remove the system without getting a CEL? or is there any other way to trick the ECU into thinking everything is on the up and up?

Thanks for you time!

Zack

P.S. I dont think its the pump because Im not getting the jet engine noise like the other people, im thinking its just a vaccuum hose or something but i just want to rid myself of the system all together

the jet noise isnt necessary. first i would check the fuse located in the ecu box. if its blown replace it. it it blows again its a bad pump. if the fuse is not blown then its a vacuum line.

there is ways to get the ecu flashed to void the sai from the ecu. but i do not know who does it or where to get it. if anyone know let me know. i need to void it on my 2.7

Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 PM
sbl
1st Gear

I don't know about Audis, but I just replaced the SAI pump and check valve on my 2003 Saab 9-3. Do Audis have a check valve? On the Saab, sometimes just cleaning out the check valve is all that is needed.

You know that the SAI pump is there for emissions purposes, right? If you managed to remove it, I wonder if it would be caught at an emissions inspection.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

Yes you can remove the entire sai system and get it coded out in your ecu. I deleted it off my s4.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

Just in case you weren't aware, removing this from your car will make it impossile to pass state emissions testing. This may not matter in your state, but I wanted to point that out.