Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedal alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:57 AM
1st Gear
Default Pedal alignment question

I notice that my brake pedal rests significantly higher than the gas pedal, which does not make for an easy time heel-toe shifting. Just wondering whether this setup is normal and if I can have the dealer(or myself) adjust the brake and/or gas pedal height. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:33 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: Pedal alignment question

I think that’s how it normally is because that’s how mine is... it probably can be adjusted but I’m not sure how.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:41 AM
1st Gear

i have never heard of a car that the break could go to the floor without any effort, actually i think you deserve a prize for asking this question, youre awesome!!!
yes, thats normal - i have no problem heel and toeing it in my car - maybe you are not doing it right.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:27 AM
1st Gear

actually i think you deserve a prize for asking this question, youre awesome!!!
O RLY?

And no, the pedal takes quite a bit of effort to depress all the way down. The gas sits a lot deeper than i like, maybe I just have a big foot and can't easily access the pedal. Oh well, trivial matter anyways.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 AM
2nd Gear

I've got pretty big feet (US Size 12), but it works great for me with heel toe. Maybe try a shoe with a wider toe? Some shoes are a little tougher for me to heel-toe in.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:58 AM
1st Gear

i do it with my etnies, pumas, diesels and adidas goodyears, once or twice with dress shoes, all size 12 - 13. i cant wear tim's when i drive - no clutch feel.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:01 AM
1st Gear

heh, well at least you guys aren't having any problems with it, i'll just play around with the technique.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

Is the brake pedal really that much higher than the accelerator, compared to other makes and models or cars? If so, I suppose this could have been a factor in the infamous unintended acceleration problems of 1980s Audis, which led to the brake interlocks on automatic transmissions.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
3rd Gear

No, I know exactly what you mean. If you go down there and pull the accelerator towards you, you realize that there's quite a bit of travel. The pedal rests kinda low, but it seeme like it could be moved farther up.
Although with stock brakes, the brake pedal has like an inch of slop, so by the time you're actually slowing down, the pedals are nearly even.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Pedal problems

It seems in not the only one who has noticed a problem with the gas and the brake pedal on the A4/S4. It seem that if I'm I. A comfortable position to use the gas pedal I have to really lift my foot back to depress the brake. If I'm comfortable on the break I have to stretch to depress the gas and have to reach for the wheel. I can't seem to get comfy in the new car.

Quick Reply: Pedal alignment question