Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio preset scroll

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Radio preset scroll

My lease ended on the 2006 A4, so I got myself a new 2008 model. One annoying thing that I am hoping there is a fix for is that after setting the stations on the radio (Symphony model with 6 disc changer), I went to use the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel to change the channel expecting it to work like my 2006 model and scroll through the preset stations but instead it would seek/scan to the next station. This is extremely annoying since it is not the behavior I expect or want. Anyone know how to correct this? The manual is not that helpful.

thanks,

O

Old 11-26-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Radio preset scroll

f

Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 AM

I asked the exact same question yesterday. I picked up a 2008 A-4 last week and haven't been able to figure this out. There must be a fix for it - they couldn't possibly have engineered it this way!

Old 11-29-2007, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

I sent Audi an email with my question/comment. To my surprise they called me the next day, so regardless of what else transpired props to their customer service. The woman on the phone agreed with me saying that the manual and the info she had, my radio should scroll through the presets, not scan/seek. She recommended calling the technical support at the dealer. So I called, the guy wasn't really that helpful said he would need to take a look and asked if I could drive in. I said I didn't want to drive the 15 miles if it was something easy. So he transferred me to the sales guy where I explained it for the 3rd time. He agreed and thought it should work that way as well. He said he would go test it out on the floor models and get back to me. He called back later and said he tried two different A4s, all had the the same action as mine. Said he couldn't figure out how to change it, said the radio had been changed this year and maybe Audi changed the behavior. If that is the case, even the Audi people don't know about it.

So I will be calling Audi again to see what the deal is.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:09 PM
1st Gear

I think I and all the others who liked the old way are screwed. I talked to Audi again today and they said it is acting like it should be as opposed to the other day when they said the reverse. They read it right out the manual, I asked where since my Radio manual leads me to believe otherwise. My manual was dated 4/23/2007, they claim theirs is June 2007 and that the functionality has changed and they were extremely sorry this wasn't communicated properly. To which I responded they didn't even seem to have the correct manuals in the car. I also asked if there were other radio decks that could replace it that might do what I want, but no luck. As you can see by the attached picture, to me it looks like it should do what I expect, but Audi clearly f***ed this up and and f***ed the new owners in the process. I won't even get into how they messed up the radio display for the station name versus the song name and artist display... I have had this car for almost a week and instead of enjoying it, I just want to give it back all because of some annoying radio controls (some people out there won't think this is a big deal, and they have every right to think that, but user interface is big deal to me, why should I have to take my hand off the wheel to change to one of my preset which I probably do at least 30-50 times on a short trip and never scan or seek?)

[IMG]local://upfiles/45907/588F5F2225BA4656A3B54B5F5D7F8383.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Site Moderator

They will probably develop a re-flash for the MMI system, there was a similar problem on the A6 MMI system whenscrolling through the memory stations, the screen would goback up to the top of the page without being able to select which option you wanted. This sounds like a similar problem, i would give your complaints to audi so they are aware of the problem, im sure there will be a fix within a few months.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

I called Audi HQ. The more people who call and open a ticket, the better. They likely won't do anything to get it fixed until enough of us complain.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

Get Sirius, that way you wont have to change the stations all the time.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:19 AM
1st Gear

Agreed, Sirius is worth the couple bucks a month, I have it and won't go back!! couple stations I want from XM tho.... might need both LOL

Old 12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

You're assuming that I only listen to one type of music, I would still need to change the station as I listen to a wide variety.

Also, I believe this to be a design flaw by Audi, I don't see how me spending extra money for a service I don't want and might not even work to my liking will solve anything.

Quick Reply: Radio preset scroll