Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio preset scroll

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Radio preset scroll

I'll call and harass them as well. This is very disappointing. While it does seem a little silly compared to problems that others may have - it is a really annoying mistake that shouldn't happen in 2007. I have been driving BMW's for 20 years and decided to give Audi a chance. BMW had this figured out 10 YEARS ago in my 1997 540i!

Someone dropped the ball.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:10 PM

Yeah... I've been really annoyed by this as well, and spent about 20 minutes trying to play with various settings to fix it, but to no avail. I'm going to complain as well. I feel jipped. It's a big deal to me too, and I could get into an accident.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 AM

To make matters worse, after a minute or two, the radio screen goes into clock mode which deactivates the preset buttons. When this happens, you need to push one of the buttons just to reactivate the presets, then you can choose your station. You need to look at the radio first to see what mode it is in before you do this or you may wind up going into the second set of presets (FM-7-12).

Keep complaining! There is no possible way that they meant to design it this way - this is a case of the Audi "radio guys" not talking to the Audi "steering wheel" guys and us Chump customers are left holding the bag. It sounds petty, but had I known this, I would have gone with the 3-Series, which I can guarantee gets it right.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

That is so insane, i am halfway across the world from germany and having the same problem.
First my car delivery ona AUDI A3 2007 was late, ordered in may 07 and received in damn september 07.
Then like 'theoven'said, instead of enjoying the bloody thing i had to spend time trying to figure outwhat the manual was trying to tell me to do, versus what the dealership said.
Didnt call audi, which i will now do for sure.
First off, my steering wheel functions suck, i can only scroll volume/channels/tracks/ff cd tracks (no rewind)/seek stations. I cant switch between cd/radio/etc. which makes absolutley no sense. The dealership says that its becuase i didnt take the nav package w/ bluetooth. therefore most of my functions are disengaged. Well screw that there has to be some mistake or way around this.
Why putthings in manuals if you put the wrong frigging manual in the car. how intelligent is that. we are paying for this bloody thing, its not free.
We should demand answers. Becasue obviously the horse knows not what his *** is doing.

My goal is to get to the bottom of this and i live in the caribbean. There is almost no support out here.
aaarrhhhgggg!!!!!

This is an interesting forum we should keep it going to see the results of everyones input and efforts

peace

Old 01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
1st Gear

Supposedly next month I am to receive my JD Powers survey on the car. You can believe I am going to express my extreme dissatisfaction with not only the radio/steering wheel issues, but also in how their support handled the situation.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:40 AM
1st Gear
Default Changing presets

I have a 2013 Audi A6. Several times, my preset stations have mysteriously changed. The dealer told me they have not heard of this problem occurring with others, and asked me to note the conditions under which this happens. I've been unable to detect any pattern. So, I am left to live with this nuisance. Please tell me I am not crazy!

Overall, I agree with the person who complained about Audi's User Interface. (This is my first Audi--prior vehichles were Lexus.) I find it to be clunky, unintuitive and even unnecessary repetitive (some). Love my car, but not thrilled with user interface. Loved that of Lexus and hubby's Escalade.