Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker replacement instructions needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:24 PM
1st Gear
Default Speaker replacement instructions needed

Hello all,

I'm thinking to replace my stock speakers on door panels. Can someone please email me detail instructions on how to remove door panels, remove speakers, install speakers... etc? I don't know much about cars but people say speakers replacement is a fairly easy task.

My car is 2004 A4 3.0 non-bose audio. I'm looking to get Polk db6750 speakers for both front and rear doors. Its web site says this speaker fits right in.

Thanks guys. My email address is: kchao-voodoo@url.com.tw

Old 01-13-2005, 12:06 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Speaker replacement instructions needed

Are they blown already? I havent seen anything on it in here, but just look for the screws that may hold the doorpanel in and then gently pop the bottom of the door panel out. Be careful not to break the clips. Its a good idea to just repace them anyway, so no biggie if you break them. They are cheap. Besure to disconnect all the wires for the lock and window switches and gently just pull the panel up and towards you to raise it out of the channel at the top. They arent bad at all to remove. Just be sure you remove all the screws and dont FORCE anything. IF you feel any resistance, just look for what is holding it up and find the clip or screw and remove it. should be maybe 3-5 screws and 5 clips.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:56 AM
6th Gear

Remove the screw on the door handles. Behind the door handle are two more screws to remove. From there you should be able to get the entire panel off.

Old 03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

Hi

My car is a 1995 A4 but these instructions above really helped me. . I had been trying to prise the speaker -intermitant sound- from the panel, thinking that there were just a few clips behind.

I've now added some more notes for more clarity :

1. Locate a screw, clearly visible at the top of the panel by the pop-up door lock shaft. remove this
2. Locate another, clearly at the top of the panel on the oppsite side. Rremove this.
3. Look closely at the inside door handle -not the opening handle but the one you use to pull the door in. Locate a single screw
4 Remove this screw. A plastic sleeve can be removed from below the door handle.
5. Two more screws are now visible. Remove these.
6. Now th whole panel will slide up over the door lock but will still be connected at three points (electrical) and the door handle -the opening one.
7. Disconnect three electrical cables
8. Removed door lock cable - it's an eye and hook arrangement.
9 . Panel is full clear now and speaker accessible

Easire than i expected.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:47 PM
5th Gear

Before you rip out your brand new speakers, understand that the stock speakers are of very high quality. The reason that they sound like garbage, is because they have so little power going to them... upgrade your amp, if your still not happy, buy speakers. (no sense upgrading speakers if you arent going to have a good amp to power them anyways) But yeah, doesnt matter if you have compoents worth 1000 a pair, they wont sound good with 25 watts RMS getting to them...

Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 PM
1st Gear

what do u do about the clips? how do dis attact the clip from the panel