Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Issue

Old 05-05-2015, 04:22 PM
1st Gear
Default TPMS Issue

Hello All

Just to get this out of the way, I am very auto-illiterate, so please bear with me.

I have a 2008 A4 Quattro and for the past couple months, I have had an alert on my display showing "TPMS", as well as the standard tire pressure light. All 5 (counting the full spare) tires are exactly where they should be pressure wise. I have gone through all the resets through the dash display to see if that will help. I have taken a tire off and hid it behind the garage to check if it may be a faulty sensor (and done it with all tires). My father in-law has brought it to his friend who is good with these things, and found the sensors are fine. We have used a diagnostic tool, which shows no errors in the system at all, and we reset them anyways, just to be safe. We have taken out every fuse in the car and replaced them, and even checked the antenna in the trunk/bumper, and still nothing will turn this alert off. So now I come here looking/hoping someone may have an answer. I don't want to have to bring this to an Audi dealership and have them give me the business when it comes to the cost. My car was even rejected for it's inspection due to this error.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I see all the other TPMS issues, but that seems to be more based off of tire pressure.

I can post an image of the error if that helps at all.

I'm at a loss.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear

Seems like you have checked everything. When you took the tire and put it out of range did you restore the tire pressures to remove the "hidden" wheel? That is the only thing I can think of. If you are confident the sensors are not bad then I don't see any choice but a trip to Audi.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

I don't think we did that. When we hid the tire though, the display did alert us that the wheel was missing.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:55 AM
2nd Gear

Not sure if that would cause your TPMS to still display, just a thought. I would think it has to either be a bad sending unit on one (or more) of the wheels or the sensor.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Tpms

Your problem sounds similar to mine. We have a 2006 Audi A4 Cabriolet Quattro. There are 2 tire pressure icons on this car; one is a flat tire icon which means a tire is low; the other is a flat tire icon with a line through it which means that the tire pressure monitor system is faulty. I had the tire sensors checked at my local garage and it indicated that 3 out of 5 were bad, so I changed all 5. We reset the tire pressures and after a couple of days the TPMS system icon came on again. I checked the Audi site and it indicates that there is one antenna for all 4 tires (the spare has a TPMS sensor but is not monitored) and that the antenna is replacable. So my question is: has this happened to anyone else and do you think it would be the antenna at fault or the TPMS circuit board. Any help would be appreciated.