Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration at Idle is very annoying!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Default Vibration at Idle is very annoying!

I purchased a 2007 A4 quattro thinking a luxury auto would have a great ride. Much to my surprise I am very annoyed with the vibration. My dash rattles and i feel like i have a vibrator up my ***. Great all round car but whats up with the shuddering at a red light. My dog does that when it knows its done something wrong!!!

I have taken it to the dealer 5 times and tried:
Cleanning the fuel intake, changed all the coils on a recall, changed the motor mounts, used High Octane in fuel, and they tell me the vibration is normal. Really?
When I accelerate it feels like its going to stall, when the turbo kicks in it runs great. I am so disappointed with this car, I doubt I would buy one again.
My daughters Nissan Sentra rides better!

I have read many posts on different forums and this is a common problem with this car. Why do people praise them so much? I am beginning to hate this car. I put it in neutral at a red light just to stop the rattle. I take clients in my car and they laugh when I am stopped at the lights.... they thank me for the FREE massage!!!

And my dealer still says its normal.

Anyone have any suggestions...... I am ready to sell it!