Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your headlights stay on? Electrical issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Default Your headlights stay on? Electrical issues?

Brand new to the site....bear with me.

I have a 2002 A4 3.0 (actually my wife's). Until recently, we love the car. I'm positive when we bot it, the headlights would stay on when we turned the car off and took the keys out. I'd have to manually turn the headlights off (it would buzz at me). After taking the car in for service one time (not sure if it was a routine maint or something with a recall), it quit working like that. They now turn off when you turn off the keys. It still buzzes until I turn the switch off, but lights go out with the key. Checked with dealer if something was changed and they insist no. Even say they've tried other cars on the lot and get the same results. Am I/we going crazy?!!!

Not that this even matters, but in the 6 mos or so since, we've had tail lights & brake lights burn out. I can see a light burning out, but not this often. Now this morning my wife said the wipers run very slow even on high speed.

This all seems like way too much of a coincidence to me. My concern is my warranty is over in 3000 miles. I have the extended warranty, but don't want to have to use it. (If I don't, the cost is all refunded at the end of the warranty period).

Anyone else with similar issues?

Old 02-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Default RE: Your headlights stay on? Electrical issues?

Hmm not sure aboutb the lighting situation but the wipers sound like the wiper transmission problem they have been know to seize up in the past

Old 02-25-2005, 01:45 PM

U have a 2002? Do your lights stay on with the key off? I still think this was changed and the problems started at that time.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:47 PM

No I have a 2000 but I work fo a Audi dealer and we haven't seen that problem before about the headlights but the wipers moving slow we have seen a few times and we replaced the wiper transmission and it fixed the problem

Old 02-25-2005, 01:50 PM

But what is sounds like is when you take youur key out your parking light may stay on that is why the switch is buzzing thats is what sounds normal to me but If I was you I would make an appointment with your local Audi dealer before your factory warrenty runs out and get them to see if there are any problems with it

Old 09-03-2016, 12:37 AM
1st Gear

ok, so update. I found water in my CECM and replaced it.
Seems to have fixed the problem and everything is working correctly, as of right now.
But I'm having a hard time trying to find out what exactly the CECM controls in my car.
any information on that would be very helpful.