Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

:: ECS Tuning :: GEOMET® Coated Brake Rotors | Audi B8/B8.5 A5

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Sponsor
Default :: ECS Tuning :: GEOMET® Coated Brake Rotors | Audi B8/B8.5 A5

ECS Tuning proudly introduces our line of premium, corrosion-resistant rotors: GEOMET®.

GEOMET® is a special coating containing metal oxides, zinc, and aluminum flakes, sprayed over the entire rotor surface to ensure complete coverage, and baked on at 600 degrees to form a durable and attractive silver-gray finish that fights rust far better than paints or other conventional coatings.

You can expect your new GEOMET® rotors to outperform and outlast stock rotors, and look great behind your alloy wheels.

Braking that Lasts!

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B8 A5 2008-2016

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Old 03-03-2016, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Can you possibly post up pictures of your rotors that have been on cars for at least 1-2yrs? Your prices seem really good, but I'm not a fan of brakes that rust out within a few months time in the "vent" area of the rotor (especially Drilled&Slotted rotors). My reason for asking is that I noticed the "corrosion resistant" portion of your add.

When the rotors are broke in, and have been heated/cooled through common driving habits, be it aggressive occasional "Spirited" driving. Or a combination of city & highway driving. What's the average time span until a motorist should expect to see indications of, or actual oxidization (rust)?

Which after 3-6 months, rust isn't "looking great behind your alloy wheels." Especially if it's a brand new car....

Just looking for realistic expectations, and not trying to be hyper critical.

So again, any photos, videos, or R&D punishment test outcomes that you can share would be cool. Or comparison tests against other brands that your company has met the benchmark of in the quality department, but you're possibly exceeding expectations as well on the money side.

Thanks!

Old 03-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Sponsor

We don't have any pics but below is the best example I could find of one of our rotors after being installed through google image search. They didn't mention how long they have been installed but being that I've run the same rotors on my car for over a year they look very similar. So I would say they've been installed for at least 8 months to a year.

I hope this helps.

Jason

Old 03-05-2016, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

The rotors on this VW seem to be different than the rotors in the ad photos. The ads seem to show a solid non-vented brake disk. The VW in the picture provided is a vented rotor. Are there other pictures of this actual brand that are "vented" rotors?

My reason for asking, is the obvious benefits of a vented rotor vs a solid disk rotor. For purposes of dissipating heat more rapidly, which most people know that Heat is the #1 killer of brake life, as well as strobe & fade.... Meaning once your brakes are nice and toasty, it in turn super heats your calipers, which then in turn begins to boil your brake fluid. Making it harder to brake because of this heat.

Another reason for my asking if they are solid disk non-vented rotors (especially on drilled & slotted) is that continuous high heat from aggressive braking can also attribute to rotor's becoming more prone to metal fatigue and stress cracks that usually begin at the locations of the dill holes and slots.

Do you have any more info you can share other than this photo? I do appreciate you provide the picture, btw..

Old 03-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by flyeyes
The rotors on this VW seem to be different than the rotors in the ad photos. The ads seem to show a solid non-vented brake disk. The VW in the picture provided is a vented rotor. Are there other pictures of this actual brand that are "vented" rotors?

My reason for asking, is the obvious benefits of a vented rotor vs a solid disk rotor. For purposes of dissipating heat more rapidly, which most people know that Heat is the #1 killer of brake life, as well as strobe & fade.... Meaning once your brakes are nice and toasty, it in turn super heats your calipers, which then in turn begins to boil your brake fluid. Making it harder to brake because of this heat.

Another reason for my asking if they are solid disk non-vented rotors (especially on drilled & slotted) is that continuous high heat from aggressive braking can also attribute to rotor's becoming more prone to metal fatigue and stress cracks that usually begin at the locations of the dill holes and slots.

Do you have any more info you can share other than this photo? I do appreciate you provide the picture, btw..
No front rotor on an Audi or VW is solid. On some models the rears are solid, heavier or performance models are often fitted with both front and rear vented but it isn't always the case.

If you click on the link you'll see we offer both front and rear rotors. We just happened to use a picture of the rear rotors for the art work.

There's also a lot of additional information in the link.

Jason

Old 03-07-2016, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

Appreciated man, I will definitely check out the link. I guess due to the model type of the 2 A5's that I bought, must have been the reason for the vented rotors F&R.