Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

How to add GPS Nav to A5 without MMI

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

hello, i have wanted to do this for such a long time, i also have a 2010 audi a5 with out nav, could you please PM me please. thank you !!!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:50 AM
1st Gear
Default solved

On the RHS of your steering wheel you have the stick with the different washer settigns on it.

on the under side of that stick there is a button - 'reset'

this flicks between the digital speedometer and the on board computer 1 and 2.

If you don't have the digital speedometer up on your dash then all you have to do is press this 'reset' buttong either once (if on computer 2 settings) or twice (if your on computer 1 settings).

I figured it out yesterday and solved all my problems.

and i mean a tap press not hold it in for longer than 1 second press. that will do a hard reset!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:20 AM
1st Gear

hi.
I've not had a pm since I asked for one a while ago.
If you get any response from anyone please do let me know.
Thanks
Paul.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

I also have an audi a5 2013 without nav or mmi, can I get a PM please?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by moonan
HI,
I believe that what you want to do is possible - I have added an aftermarket GPS nav box to my Q5, and all of the components of the A5's "infotainment" system are identical (as are recent A4s), including the screen and wiring.
The system that I have used needed a little customising, but essentially it provides the OEM LCD screen with touch-screen functionality, and inserts the GPS display into the signal line that feeds to the screen when you select it. It also has inputs for a DVD player, and a reversing camera...
I have PM'ed the OP with more details, if anyone wants to know more then feel free to drop me a PM.

cheers,
..Neil
Please send me a PM

Old 04-27-2015, 09:41 AM
1st Gear

HI,
I believe that what you want to do is possible - I have added an aftermarket GPS nav box to my Q5, and all of the components of the A5's "infotainment" system are identical (as are recent A4s), including the screen and wiring.
The system that I have used needed a little customising, but essentially it provides the OEM LCD screen with touch-screen functionality, and inserts the GPS display into the signal line that feeds to the screen when you select it. It also has inputs for a DVD player, and a reversing camera...
I have PM'ed the OP with more details, if anyone wants to know more then feel free to drop me a PM.

cheers,
..Neil
Hello,

I recently purchased an A3 without navigation and having the navigation button there just saying "not installed" is worse than not having it at all. I should have known I wasn't the only one wondering about this.

Could you PM me too please?

Thank you!

Old 05-31-2015, 10:06 PM
1st Gear

Hello Neil, I would very much like to know what info you could provide me with in a PM regarding upgrading the nonexistent navigation in a 2012 A5. Any info would've helpful. Thank you!

Old 08-19-2015, 07:22 AM
1st Gear

have a 11 audi A5 with navigation tab on audi concert . wondering if I can upgrade it to put sat nav in now.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:16 AM
1st Gear
Default Nav System

If you don't mind , could you please send me links to this nav system?

I have the 2014 A5 Cabriolet

vaneeshapatel@yahoo.com

HI,

cheers,
..Neil

Old 02-21-2016, 11:13 AM
1st Gear

I asked to be PM'ed in Nov 2013 & never got anything so went out & gave it a go by buying an after market & installed - very easy plug & play & working perfectly