Audi A5 This sleek mid-sized A5 coupe offers performance with a roomy interior.

What Kind Of MPG Are You Getting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 PM
1st Gear
Default What Kind Of MPG Are You Getting?

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and this is my first post. I'm going to be taking delivery of a 2011 A5 Pkg. w/ auto trans. this weekend and am very excited about it. One of the things that I like about it was that the MPG numbers listed on the sticker looked pretty good ( 21/29 ).

I've since read in a couple of places that the combined city/highway mileage that people seem to be getting is closer to 22MPG. I know that there lots of variables, but I was hoping for somewhat better fuel effiencency. I'm wondering what others are getting for mileage?

Thanks,
David

Old 10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

I have an a5 3.2 and I do a lot of city and highway driving. I get about 23 mpg, so that number of 22 seems a little low as I really don't attempt to save gas when driving.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nmoh524
I have an a5 3.2 and I do a lot of city and highway driving. I get about 23 mpg, so that number of 22 seems a little low as I really don't attempt to save gas when driving.
Thanks for your response!

I'm trading my 2010 Mercedes E350 Coupe tomorrow and picking up my 2011 A5. I'm averaging aprox. 24mpg on my rear wheel drive Mercedes and like the fact that I may be able to get similar gas mileage on an AWD Audi, which will be better suited to the winter weather that we get here. The A5 was delivered today, and although it wasn't prepped for delivery, I was able to take it on a test drive. The Merc is a great car, but the difference in the way the Audi handles is amazing!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:55 PM
1st Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by nmoh524
Gas is very cheap in America, which is why we see an awful lot of Suburbans and Navigators here. If Americans paid for gas what Europeans pay, then there would be some motivation for people to stop idling their engines unnecessarily, for instance.

Having lived half my life in Europe, I don't see the bill (in America) to fill the gas tank as a major part of a family's budget. And thanks to low taxes, the fuel economy is the last thing I need to consider when buying a new Audi!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by uscourt3000
Gas is very cheap in America, which is why we see an awful lot of Suburbans and Navigators here. If Americans paid for gas what Europeans pay, then there would be some motivation for people to stop idling their engines unnecessarily, for instance.

Having lived half my life in Europe, I don't see the bill (in America) to fill the gas tank as a major part of a family's budget. And thanks to low taxes, the fuel economy is the last thing I need to consider when buying a new Audi!
Frankly, the cost of filling the tank is not uppermost on my mind. Sending as little money to the Middle East so that they can blow up our soldiers is. Also minimizing harm to the environment is a concern of mine. Unfortunately, after having a Prius not long ago I realized that I needed a compromise between a vehicle that was soley designed to conserve fuel but handled like a refridgerator and a large AWD SUV (I had an X-5 also), and the A5 fits the bill for me - until an electric vehicle is built that can get a reasonable range (at least 300 mi) at a reasonable price.

I like the fact that my A5 is a great-handling AWD car that turns heads and will be able to handle winter weather and is averaging between 26 and 27 MPG (after 800 miles of driving). I think that fuel economy is always something to consider, which is why I passed up more expensive vehicles (which, frankly, I lusted after and can easily afford) because I thought that they were complete gas pigs.