Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 11:03 AM
1st Gear
Default 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)

Hey guys,
I have been having trouble with my ABS-ESP lights. They come on and stay on. First there was a brake light switch error. I changed the switch. I got the switch from the dealer. And then i cleared the codes. Now i am having only one code which is below. Any ideas??
Thanks,
-----------------------------------------------------
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 4B0-614-517.lbl
Part No: 4B0 614 517 H
Component: ABS/ESP allrad 1728
Coding: 06397
Shop #: WSC 00000

1 Fault Found:
01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
35-10 - - - Intermittent
-------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

By the way can anyone tell me when your Gear lock light goes off and brake lights come on. Se i just installed a new brake light switch and i got the switch from dealer. First i adjust the switch so as soon as i touch the brakes, the lights come on. However i realized that the gear lock light newer comes on because the brake pedal cannot pushes the switch enough to make it on. That is why transmission throws brake light switch error. Then i readjusted switch that when the brakes released the gear lock is on and as soon as i touch the brakes the gear lock goes off. So it is working OK. However because of the adjustment, the the brake lights do no come on as soon as i touch the brakes. I am assuming that because of this it throws the error above because the sensor detects pressure even if the brake lights are not on.

I really do not know what to do. The switch looks like it has two levels. One for gear lock and one for brake lights. If i adjust for brake lights, gear lock does not work. If i adjust for gear lock, that the brake lights do not come on right away. So what do i do?

I am waiting for my bentley manual right now. Hopefully it will be here next week but is there anyone knows what is the proper adjustment for brake light switch?

P.S. Here is a guide from ross-tech's wiki.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION
01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
Possible Causes
Basic Setting not performed
Possible Solutions
Perform Basic Setting

01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Electrical Fault in Circuit
Possible Causes
Brake Pedal Switch (F) faulty/jammed
Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check/Replace Brake Pedal Switch (F)
See Measuring Blocks
Check/Replace Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)
ABS Hydraulic Unit (N55) may need to replaced
Perform Brake Pump Bleeding
Perform Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) Basic Setting
Replace Brake Electronics Control Module (J104)

I am going to try to perform basic settings today.

Last edited by 5ViPeRaY5; 03-26-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:40 AM
1st Gear

hi guys, i have an audi a4 1.9 tdi yr 01, with problem g201 brake pressure sensor.....already replaced the brake light switch,,,but cant find the brake pressure sensor.....where is that swith guys.......do help me out.....remember the car is dec. 2001 mode of the a4......do u think i must replace the abs unit...gosh thats expensive....
Help me out ...please

Old 07-06-2011, 04:43 AM
1st Gear

This problem with g201 is a real mess. it is sporadic and may be the result of an electrical fault and not to a damaged part as i have already changed the pedal switch.

one thing is that my car does not appear to have the same power as before....and i no longer have the same drive feeling.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:10 AM
1st Gear

Sounds like speed sensor on each wheel if your brake pedal switch was installed correctly.
One said the speed sensor has to pull back a little instead of apushing ll the way in.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:58 AM
1st Gear

tHANK YOU BIGDADI ,
In fact when i cleaned the wheel rims on Sunday, to make it look nice and clean, and while driving, i got the pedal switch brake error once more, i.e the same error as if the brake switch was not changed.

I turned off the engine to prevent the abs from jamming the car, and when i switched on again and drove back home, the error has gone.

Therefore i guess there must be a problem with the wheels themselves and if you say that its the speed sensor, i will try to look into it.

Thank you once more for the advice

regards

Riyad

Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 PM
1st Gear

When you have the ABS, ESP lights on again, check if the brake lights are still working.
If they are not working, think your brake pedal light switch was not installed correctly. It is a bit tricky when insert the new one into position. One kind needs to touch the brake pedal while another kind is leave the brake pedal alone.

Check my post below link

2004 A6 4.2 ESP ABS Lights, Many Codes

Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM
1st Gear
Default trying to find G201

Hi- we are working on a 2005 Audi A6Q and are trying to find the location of the brake pressure switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:16 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DANAMOTORS
Hi- we are working on a 2005 Audi A6Q and are trying to find the location of the brake pressure switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Break Pressure sensor/switch is usually located on abs Unit itself.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rgoolamally
hi guys, i have an audi a4 1.9 tdi yr 01, with problem g201 brake pressure sensor.....already replaced the brake light switch,,,but cant find the brake pressure sensor.....where is that swith guys.......do help me out.....remember the car is dec. 2001 mode of the a4......do u think i must replace the abs unit...gosh thats expensive....
Help me out ...please
Sensor negative wire need a ground . Check and find which is a negative wire and give a gound conction . Problem will Finish😉

Quick Reply: 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201)