Originally Posted by padog
This code is associated with the torque converter issues that these cars are prone to have. Here is a link to write up that will explain it a little clearer but the ultimate answer is you are more than likely going to need a new torque converter.
So I guess I need a VAG to know what the next code is. I have a code reader that reads the DTC codes but nothing more. So I only get the 18032.
Originally Posted by nemohm
Please show some respect!
Read Newbies rules before post?
18032 - MIL Request Signal Active (.........)
The next code you read or the info in brackets points to the problem area.
What rule did I break...
1. If you have a question to ask, for the love of pete, make your own thread. Its disrespectful to the original poster, and more often than not, your question almost never relates the to the topic. If its on topic, go for it.
2. DO NOT DIG UP OLD THREADS! Someone that posted a thread 4 years ago isn't going to be around to take your input on the issue.
3. In addition to rule 2, don't ask a question on a very old thread, its most likely not going to be answered.
4. Be respectful to other members, if you disagree with what other members are telling you, (or expressing their opinions) there is no use for slander or deliberately talking trash. We are all car enthusiasts here, and we would love to help you, just don't be an ***.
Likewise, if another member is harassing you, let either myself or any other moderator/administrator know so we can take action.
5. List the year, model, engine, transmission and service history of your vehicle.
6. FOLLOW THESE DAMN RULES!!!!
Talk about show respect...way to treat your new members.