Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 A6 /SAFE MODE on Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Default 1998 A6 /SAFE MODE on Radio

[size=7][size=6][center]Hello....... I've got a very stressful problem on my hands I was at a car wash yesterday and some how water got into my engine and into the Battery Housing (It took 45 minutes to dry out[:@]) I had to disconnect my Battery and get my uncle to come and give me a jump start before the vehicle actually started, even though the electrical system seemed to work fine (The lights, Seats, Windows, etc.) The display indicated that the vehicle was fine after I jump started it and none of the warning lights came on.......However I do have two very fustrating problems the first one being that the Gauges for the heater/Air conditioner is now reading in Celcius instead of Degrees I read the manual and fixed it back to the way that I wan't it to be, but it now blinks repeatedly for about 10 minutes......The other issue is the radio...It's currently stating that it's on "Safe" Mode I'm assuming that It's do to the theft protection system...but the crazy thing is that aren't any steps on how to unlock it (i.e. what buttons are needed to be pressed to initiate the process) I've read that a four digit code is needed to unlock the car but I purchased the car from a small dealer in VA who got it from another dealership in NY who got as a trade in..(you get the idea) I was wondering where if anywhere I can get this code and how can I tell the vehicle that I wan't to unlock it?

Could Someone please help me, Because I could imagine that the Dealer's gonna charge me and arm and a leg for something that there gonna do in 5 min.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 1998 A6 /SAFE MODE on Radio

1> use smaller letters
2> if the code is in the users guide then your cool.. if not u hafta go to the dealer and bend over for them to charge u at least 30 mins of work to pull the code..

Old 01-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Default RE: 1998 A6 /SAFE MODE on Radio

I'm actually trying to avoid going to the dealership. Does anyone know if the code can be found in the vehicle? I checked the trunk the glove departement, and the Wheel Wells I'm realy fustrated because i'm riding around in complete silence...and to make matters worse my girlfriend want's to have one of those "talks" to kill the silence, could someone please help me [sm=alcoholic.gif]