AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by Audi USA Parts
Click Here

Welcome to Audi Forums!
Welcome to Audi Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 AM

Default 2002 A6 xenon ballast

I have a bad ballast in one of my xenon headlamps. Can I replace this myself? It looks like I'll have to remove the whole headlamp assembly to get to it. Any advice?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 10-18-2005, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

Default RE: 2002 A6 xenon ballast

yes, see my links below for my OEM HID upgrade for background. Are you sure it is not the HID bulb? Have you tried a new bulb to troubleshoot?

You can get one from ebay for about $100. Just make sure it is from an A6 from 1998-2004 (an A4 or A8 won't be the same; any allroad ballast will work to). Here is exactly what you need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-...spagenameZWDVW

You can use the other wiring from your old ballas in it's place. Yes, you will need to remove the entire headlight to replace it.

Good luck!

http://sonolithics.com/files/a6_links.html
http://account.audiworld.com/users/32631.phtml
Old 08-24-2010, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

Default 202 A6 oem Xenon Ballast

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcauthen View Post
I have a bad ballast in one of my xenon headlamps. Can I replace this myself? It looks like I'll have to remove the whole headlamp assembly to get to it. Any advice?

Thanks,

Mark
A6 oem ballast ,fit under the headlamp .ballast like this.
Click the image to open in full size.

BTW AUDI RS6 use ballast is same
Old 10-19-2010, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

Default ballast or bulb ?

hi I have the 98 qttro but I know it's xenon. my lights both work (high and low) but there is no blue tint. so is that bulb wear or ballast wear?
thanks! also what are the replacements I see for around 25 each on e-bay with new ballast?
thanks...
Old 11-19-2010, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

Default about bulb blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIFIELD View Post
hi I have the 98 qttro but I know it's xenon. my lights both work (high and low) but there is no blue tint. so is that bulb wear or ballast wear?
thanks! also what are the replacements I see for around 25 each on e-bay with new ballast?
thanks...
if you need bulb ,only need change the bulb ,choose 6000k is good.

like this.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

Points: 5,238, Level: 46 Points: 5,238, Level: 46 Points: 5,238, Level: 46
Level up: 44%, 112 Points needed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Daily Activity: 0%
Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0% Daily Activity: 0%

you can replace this ballast without removing the headlight, you will need to remove the inner fender and remove the 1 screw that holds the ballast in place you will need to bend the bracket out of the way and slide the ballast out. It is a huge pain in the *** to remove the screw but it is a lot easier then putting the lock carrier in service position. This does work on the passenger side i have not tried it on the drivers side but it should work also you would need to remove the washer reservoir on the drivers side.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Tags
2002, 2004, a4, a6, audi, bad, ballas, ballast, ballasts, ebay, headligths, replace, troubleshooting, tt, xenon