Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Audi A6 2.7T died..

Old 04-04-2016, 08:23 PM
1st Gear
Default 2002 Audi A6 2.7T died..

Ok folks, I'm new here.... so lets start off with the car...

2002 Audi A6 2.7T w/KO4's (unsure of which ones)
Timing belt changed 30-50K miles ago... as well as the turbos... and all the **** that got destroyed when the timing belt broke (previous owner)..

Now, for the fun stuff...

I was driving down the road, got on an on ramp, passed a car, running great.. started to slow down cause my exit was coming up, gave it some gas to get ahead of the car next to me since the car behind him wouldn't let me in.. nothing.. looked down, RPM's were sittin on 0... clutched it and let it out to jump it.. nothing.. no RPM's... radio was still on, lights were still on.. everything was on except the engine.. clutched it and tried to start it... nothing.. just click.. all while rolling down the off ramp... rolled to a parking spot.. popped the hood, oil on stick. coolant in reservoir... no check engine light.. no nothing... checked under car, no liquid anywhere.. oil was little smoking when I pulled off the oil cap, but nothing real crazy.... Tried to start it again.. nothing.. just a hard click, and if you held it to try and start it, it was a small humming noise.. never turned over, never did anything.. no loud noise when it happened, no jerk no nothing.. just like it ... died... no I didn't redline it and blow the motor, I was at like 3k RPM's when I passed the car..

My guess.... somehow, my engine is locked up...has anyone had a similar situation.. please tell your engine didn't lock up... if it was the timing belt, and my **** collided inside, would I not see something on my dip stick, would it not have some kind of indication in a fluid that it broke.. how can you tell if the TB is broke? anything would help me out.. Im having it towed to the house now and ill be able to look at it more closely.. I was on my way to work when it happened so..

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2016, 07:40 PM
3rd Gear

I'm feeling your pain. If I read you right, it sounds like there is battery but the car just died. First, borrow a code reader and see if it tells any secrets. Secondly, I wonder if the timing belt let loose and locked up the engine - but no noise and no other indication is spooky.

If the belt broke and valves collides, there would not necessarily be evidence in the oil. But it could be a lock up situation.

I thought maybe fuel pump, but the engine would spin and not start.

Good luck, man.