Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 A6 2.7T misfire help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
1st Gear
Default 2004 A6 2.7T misfire help please

Hi guys! I own 2004 Audi A6 2.7T and i'm real Audi fan but starting to think to get rid off this car, the only thing that disappoints me in this car are numerous misfire,it has 100K mileage and i own this car since 2009 y. I had lots of misfires during this period, once i changed all my old coil packs and bought all new (Beck/Arnley) with denso irridium power spark plugs,but it has worked for 2 months,again my car had misfire in 1 cylinder, after putting in new coil pack problem has fixed,but not for a long time,a week ago when i pushed throttle to end i had check/engine blinking,but on lower revs the car worked properly,the day before yesterday i changed coil packs in 2th and 3th cylinders, the motor worked well till yesterday when i saw check blink again

what can be reason???? there are 2 situations, sometimes coil pack dies and doesn't work anymore,and sometimes the car has misfire only on high revs.
maybe reason is in ICM/POS??? if ICM doesn't work properly so can it kill coil pack??? sorry for English, need your help!

Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

Try replacing the ICM sometimes they go bad. I had 2 cylinders missfiring it end up being tge 2 ICMs going bad. Replaced them myself car was working perfect right sway! I know how u feel bout wanting to get rig of d car sometimes but they still fun to drive!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

Thank you! Tomorrow i'll replace both ICMs, So I understand that bad ICM can couse coil packs die, because as i told before sometimes after checking coil pack doesn't pass power to spark plug

Old 06-04-2011, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

check with your dealer the 2004 2.7t has a recall on the coil packs. They will reimburse you for your coil packs if you have receipts. They replaced all 6 on my A6 with no charge.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:30 PM
1st Gear

Hello again, today i had a look under the hood of my car and couldn't find ICM above airbox under the cover, are you sure ICM are located in that place on 2004 2.7T S-line??? there are only 3 hoses and and mass airmeter beside or above airbox, please help

Old 06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
1st Gear

I too have had this same problem. I went to the stealership and they replaced all 6 coil packs and did some recall work and i left without spending a dime! Thats rare lol, they told me my upper tie rods needed replace but thats for another day. The car ran great for about a month or two, then went back to the misfire with the check engine light at those really high revs like 7k. But not every time..... Im going to buy vagcom with this next check and go drive around and get some better readings then the shitty obd reading, but atleast i know its only a misfire and not something horrible. Love this car will probably keep her till that 2007 S6 gets a little more in my price range, or i move up to its price range Hopefully she last's me that long. I think i might have to replace the turbos in 50-70k though Anyway ill let ya know what i find out with my random misfire ( Usually cylinder 4 but sometime others )

Old 08-14-2011, 08:10 AM
1st Gear

Hi, Once I had low battery sign on my cars dashboard while driving, I immediately understood it was alternator problem..
It was found out that Alternator Relay and alternator diodes were damaged at the same time..after these parts were replaced by new parts pasted almost 3 months,I drive my car everyday and i don't have any missfire and coilpacks damage anymore,,, I was told in local Service that alternator diodes and relay may influent on coil packs life, I hope that was the main problem in my car, now I'm really getting fun with my car. how do you think is my service right in saying that??

P.S. not stable power passed to coil packs! that;s why they burned everytime

Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 AM
1st Gear

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again and again my car gets this shitty misfire, it seems coil packs burned out...but i had all new coil packs,I had a lot of such situations and i'm pretty sure if i buy new coil packs it will work for 1 month,not longer....Really do you think the problem is in ICU/ICM???Why ICU doesn't work with coil packs which are in engine and after misfire it somehow starts to work with new coil pack??? I can't get logic answer,,, By the way please tell me exactly where are these ICU located in 2004 Audi A6 2.7T S-line, I couldn't find them above air box ,under cover...
P.S. I'm Real Audi Fan but my car plays on my nervous Audi 2.7T S-line is the worst car i ever owned, and I **** the Audi in all won't buy it anymore:ma d:

Old 09-07-2011, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

I had a air leak between the MAF and the intake and it made my 4.2 have random misfires. Fixed leak. Problem went away.. Just a thought.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

Please...can anyone tell me where exaclty ICU are located??? Really maybe the problem are in those ICU and replacing them will help my car...I'm fed up with it

Quick Reply: 2004 A6 2.7T misfire help please