Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM
1st Gear
Question 2007 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro

Hi Everyone!

So I'm looking to upgrade from my 2004 A4 1.8T, and I found a nice deal on a CPO 2007 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro. What I am wondering is if anyone can give me the inside dirt on this specific model in terms of pros and cons. I have surfed the net and have found several reviews, which mostly point towards this being a good car. I'm mainly interested in the reliability and whatnot. What are the key failures, key issues, recalls, etc? The car is currently at 82,000 kms.

How long will the car last me? My A4, unfortunately, has had a slew of problems since I bought it in July of 2008; then again, it wasn't CPO and not from an Audi dealership, so maybe (read: "aww damn it!") I got fleeced. Nonetheless, it hasn't deterred me from Audi since we've had many Audi's in our family and they have generally been great.

Things I've had go wrong in my A4 since 2008: driver side regulator failure, passenger side regulator failure, coolant system failure (twice), both head and rear lights plus indicators and fogs have blown out multiple times, wiper motor position out of alignment, spark plugs and coil packs failure (though there was a Audi recall for this one), transmission control module replacement, power steering failure (even after a steering flush) ... oh and I always had my service done at Audi of Mississauga (suburb of Toronto for the non-Canadians). I've spent thousands of dollars on repairs and just AAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Also, is it just me or does anyone receive absolute shitty service from Audi of Mississauga? I don't mean the work done on the car, but I mean the employees there in general, they treat me like ****, sigh. Anyhow, I guess that's for a different thread.

Just an FYI, I'm also considering jumping ship (sorry ) to Lexus or MB; looking at an IS350 AWD and a C300 4Matic. Any input in regards to the A6 would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

- I Love Lagar -

Last edited by ilovelagar; 02-25-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

Jump ship. I doubt the A6 would be as bad as that A4 but it will have its own set of problems. And, now a days, Audi is not the only player in the AWD car market.

Bob

Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bob martin
Jump ship. I doubt the A6 would be as bad as that A4 but it will have its own set of problems. And, now a days, Audi is not the only player in the AWD car market.

Bob
That's what I keep thinking. My current A4 has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, but then again it was purchased from a shitty 3rd party dealer. I'm assuming a certified pre-owned (CPO) A6 from Audi itself would have to be good ... or am I kidding myself about that as well?

I bought a CPO MB C280 and it's been immaculate, but I don't know if that would follow suit for Audi.

Cheers,

Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

Well, it depends. My Audi was trouble free until it hit 72,000 miles. Then it was brakes, which weren't too bad. at about 80,000 miles the problems really started and have kept coming ever since. Front end, steering rack, PS leak, ignition modules, rear brakes, range control sensor, windshield washer fluid leaks, tie rod ends a second time, front brakes a second time, rear brakes a second time (rotors only as they warped), TB job, water pump changed during the TB job failed, coolant reservoir failed, door sensor failed, bad MAF, needs shocks and brakes again (caliper sticking this time). Its a nice car and is great in the snow, but it is still a German Buick and there are more reliable AWD Buicks on the road.

Good luck,

Bob

Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Certified

Every manufacturer has its problems, not just Audi. I work right next MB and hear their horror stories all the time.

I also work next to Porsche and i watch them replace engines and transmissions more than they do oil changes.

Theres not a whole lot of issues with the 3.2 A6.

Besides carbon build up, sometimes carbon gets into injectors and they stick open.

I like the car, and the 3.2 has been more or less pretty reliable to date

Old 03-04-2011, 09:18 AM
1st Gear
Smile

Thanks so much for the replies! I think overall I'm leaning towards leaving Audi. I will go and test-drive the A6 tomorrow though, and speak with the rep, just to see if I do still want it and what I can get.

Don't know where the road will take me, but it seems like either MB or Lexus.

Cheers,

Old 03-04-2011, 05:34 PM
3rd Gear

Gotta defend the brand. I've had my A6 since April 2005 and now have 187k on it. Still running original battery and shocks. Replaced clutch and flywheel, alternator, and control arms on one side. I consider brakes and timing belts to be maintenance, not repairs. There are a few minor things wrong, but this car has so many bells and whistles it's not surprising. I also have a 2003 A4 3.0 MT6 with 86k miles (purchased two years ago with 69k) and it's onlu issue is having the catalytic converters replaced under warranty.