Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Audi A6 3.2L Quattro Front Control Arms Replacement best parts to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 06:54 PM
1st Gear
Default 2007 Audi A6 3.2L Quattro Front Control Arms Replacement best parts to buy?

I am looking to replace all my front control arms for my AUDI A6 3.2L Quattro i needed help finding the right brand and i need to know if it comes with bushings or not because i need the whole set not the cheap ones but not the Audi OEM either they cost too much and are out of my budget range. ECS has a control arm kit for $1040 but it doesn't say if it has bushings or not which i am really looking for. I just want whole front suspension swapped i did the sway bar links and the struts and tie rod ends but i want to know the best control arms to buy for my car any help would be greatly appreciated from my fellow audi forum members. Also what are the suspension parts needed for the rear does my car have any control arms in the back or is it just sway bar links and do i need tie rod end. My goal is to change the whole suspension to sport as i can and as needed thank you for reading.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 AM
1st Gear

lololol no one helps funny **** i love this thanks everyone who viewed and didn't respond

Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

Saifxnyc,

My 2007 A6 3.2 Quattro was serviced yesterday, and I got the news that the front control arm bushings are split (not just cracked). I've been quoted $1220 by my indie shop to replace the complete control arm set. They say they use Audi OEM parts. They have assured me this is an excellent price, which I have confirmed (but I am getting a 2nd opinion to see if I need the whole job or just the bushings replaced).

I only have 34K miles on the clock, and even the indie shop was surprised they had worn so much and split.

Post back here what you end up paying for your replacement.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:18 PM
1st Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by ba747
Saifxnyc,

My 2007 A6 3.2 Quattro was serviced yesterday, and I got the news that the front control arm bushings are split (not just cracked). I've been quoted $1220 by my indie shop to replace the complete control arm set. They say they use Audi OEM parts. They have assured me this is an excellent price, which I have confirmed (but I am getting a 2nd opinion to see if I need the whole job or just the bushings replaced).

I only have 34K miles on the clock, and even the indie shop was surprised they had worn so much and split.

Post back here what you end up paying for your replacement.
hey buddy i bought the control arms for less than what they quote you its Meyle HD control arm kit from ECStuning it was $1048 i believe it was the one without the tie rods because i already have them replaced. Also i bought H&R sport shocks for the car from them. The Audi dealership quoted $1100 for control arm replacement labor in Pittsburgh where i'm located. You gotta figure out what the book says on hours required to do the job and just multiply the hourly pay rate. So it's about 10 hours per according to the dealership but we all know it doesn't take that long. i wouldn't pay more than $700 to the shop but my mechanic owed me a favor so i only paid $270 for anti rattle spring installation control arms and the shocks in. Glad to help and the genuine Audi control arms parts were quoted $2700 from the dealer ship and the Meyle HD Kit has a 4 year warranty and the shocks have million mile warranty. I have 94K on the dash and the reason I am changing it because of the rubber mount on my control arm where the pinch bolt meets wouldn't come out so i had to torch it and the mount got damaged in the process and the bushings were getting bad so i did the whole swap.

Last edited by saifxnyc; 06-08-2013 at 02:21 PM.