Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6(2012) Multitronic reverse needs lots of gas to move. Normal or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:00 AM
1st Gear
Default A6(2012) Multitronic reverse needs lots of gas to move. Normal or not?

Hello all!

I just got my first Audi. Itīs a year old (2012) A6 3.0 TDI with multitronic. Itīs under warranty and like new. I would like to ask about the reverse gear functionality that feels very weird compared to my previous (Octavia DSG) car.

When the car is parked at very gentle downhill (but steep enough to make car move when in neutral) and I release the brake pedal, car significantly moves forward before I get my foot to gas pedal.

Also it seems to need lots of gas before actually starting to move backwards. This doesnīt seem normal to me, not in this price range!

Is this maybe a known issue with multitronic? Is it something that can be fixed with software update or something like that? Or is it just what reversing with multitronic is supposed to feel?

Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Hi,

Did you get an answer for this problem?

I have A4 with 2.0 TDI multi and sometimes it needs A LOT of gas to move backwards. It is very annoying when it happens.

Originally Posted by Protone
Hello all!

I just got my first Audi. Itīs a year old (2012) A6 3.0 TDI with multitronic. Itīs under warranty and like new. I would like to ask about the reverse gear functionality that feels very weird compared to my previous (Octavia DSG) car.

When the car is parked at very gentle downhill (but steep enough to make car move when in neutral) and I release the brake pedal, car significantly moves forward before I get my foot to gas pedal.

Also it seems to need lots of gas before actually starting to move backwards. This doesnīt seem normal to me, not in this price range!

Is this maybe a known issue with multitronic? Is it something that can be fixed with software update or something like that? Or is it just what reversing with multitronic is supposed to feel?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 AM
1st Gear

Hi,

I didn't. Local audi center told me it's normal. I still think it's not, or at least shouldn't be. But I have got used to it... Your car does it randomly, not all the time? Mine needs same amount of gas every time to get moving, and I find it problematic when revetsing uphill like i described above. It's fine line with the gas pedal between rolling forward and jumping backward!