Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 99 cruise control problem, help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 AM
1st Gear
Default A6 cruise still not working, module replaced... next?

Hey all!

Have a 1999 A6 Avant. Cruise went out. Found this thread and replaced the module behind the glovebox. However, it still doesn't work.

I was wondering if I have a vac control, or was that ONLY in the integrated system from late 2001...?

I don't have any clicking noise, and the car has been babied. But it was bought new here in Colorado where is spent its first 12 years, then was in Florida for a year. Now its back and the cruise is gone. Might be a vacuum thing with the temp changes??

Really appreciate any help. I promise I did use the search feature first!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by levdeb
Hey all!

Have a 1999 A6 Avant. Cruise went out. Found this thread and replaced the module behind the glovebox. However, it still doesn't work.

I was wondering if I have a vac control, or was that ONLY in the integrated system from late 2001...?

I don't have any clicking noise, and the car has been babied. But it was bought new here in Colorado where is spent its first 12 years, then was in Florida for a year. Now its back and the cruise is gone. Might be a vacuum thing with the temp changes??

Really appreciate any help. I promise I did use the search feature first!
Replaced the module? Do you know for sure the new one works? It might still be worth it to try and actually re-solder the capacitors on the board. Usually the next step is to determine if the stalk (with the cruise control buttons) is working properly or not - a lot of times it will start to lose contact in the steering column. I am not sure about the vacuum stuff, I am pretty much just an electronics guy (MSEE).

Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM
1st Gear

I got the module from a reman company recommended here... Thought I would eliminate any other options before trying to have the new one swapped out again... Would love to know that its not simply some vacuum line leaking somewhere...

Thanks for the reply!!

Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 AM
1st Gear

Well, I had BOTH the modules resoldered and neither of them fixed the cruise. I just got a used Vacuum module and will give that a shot. I don't really want to deal with the stalk and taking the steering wheel apart, but I guess thats the next step if this doesn't work!

Originally Posted by nm3210
Replaced the module? Do you know for sure the new one works? It might still be worth it to try and actually re-solder the capacitors on the board. Usually the next step is to determine if the stalk (with the cruise control buttons) is working properly or not - a lot of times it will start to lose contact in the steering column. I am not sure about the vacuum stuff, I am pretty much just an electronics guy (MSEE).