Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 19" turbine wheels on 01 A6 Avant

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:42 PM
1st Gear
Default A8 19" turbine wheels on 01 A6 Avant

Question. I happen to stumble upon a set of 19" A8 turbine wheels for a decent price but before i even go look at them I'd like to know if I could fit those on my 01 A6 avant with stock height. I've seen some set ups before with these wheels but the car has been lowered and has had the fenders rolled. Will they be just plug and play or will I still have to do some work to fit them even with stock height.

Thanks!

2001 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 V6 quattro 176,350 miles.

P.S. mods please move to apropriate forum as you see needed thanks!

Old 10-28-2013, 07:56 PM
1st Gear

They should be Fine. If Youre able to do it Try fitting them first. Check turning clearance, front strut clearance. My v8 a6 has wider RIM than my v6 even though theyre 17s. The worst that could happen is they dont work and youd have to sell them for a profit..

Old 10-28-2013, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Calimus
Audi A8 Turbines
19x8.5 45ET
245/35/19
Falken FK 452
Factory sport suspension

35ET is usually the sweet spot for wheels on the narrow body(2.8/2.7T/3.0). These wheels are 45ET and while I see no mention of spacers, I would suspect that you'd need at least a 10mm spacer.

It's going to look a bit lifted with the 19's though, especially on non-sport suspension.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by OGBULLYLOCDAWG
35ET is usually the sweet spot for wheels on the narrow body(2.8/2.7T/3.0). These wheels are 45ET and while I see no mention of spacers, I would suspect that you'd need at least a 10mm spacer.

It's going to look a bit lifted with the 19's though, especially on non-sport suspension.
that looks gorgeous rite there^^^ but I seen on google images a silver A6 Avant with these wheels BUT it was lowered though. Also would they go good with the color of my car it's the metallic dark blue with pearl effect. And how much lifted would it look?

Old 10-28-2013, 11:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SubaruHyundaiAudi
that looks gorgeous rite there^^^ but I seen on google images a silver A6 Avant with these wheels BUT it was lowered though. Also would they go good with the color of my car it's the metallic dark blue with pearl effect. And how much lifted would it look?
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/aud...wheels-179009/

That is hxgaser's Avant on 18s with stock suspension. I'm not sure what profile tires he's running but if I were to take a guess, I'd say a 40-45 series(?).

So with 19s and an even smaller sidewall (I assume it's gonna have to be a 35 series or less tire):
Name:  fe7d3cbc.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  104.1 KB
This sedan looks a bit crazy. I don't know if it's just a bad angle, the sidewall being too small or what.

Name:  May4th2010138.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  113.8 KB
These are 19x10, that's why they're poking out so much. I don't know the tire size.. but them things are meaty!

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 10-28-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 AM
1st Gear

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/aud...wheels-179009/

That is hxgaser's Avant on 18s with stock suspension. I'm not sure what profile tires he's running but if I were to take a guess, I'd say a 40-45 series(?).

So with 19s and an even smaller sidewall (I assume it's gonna have to be a 35 series or less tire):

This sedan looks a bit crazy. I don't know if it's just a bad angle, the sidewall being too small or what.

These are 19x10, that's why they're poking out so much. I don't know the tire size.. but them things are meaty!
18s hmm see a buddy of mine who owns the tire shop where I bought my current set of tires says he can hook me up with a set of brand new 18" 5 spoke star design wheel with black finish and chrome lip for $760 out the door tires and everything.

Last edited by SubaruHyundaiAudi; 10-29-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

18s hmm see a buddy of mine who owns the tire shop where I bought my current set of tires says he can hook me up with a set of brand new 18" 5 spoke star design wheel with black finish and chrome lip for $760 out the door tires and everything.
See now... I'm cheap as hell. So I can't ever envision paying more than $300-$400 for wheels -- and they won't be new, lol.

If you're willing to shell out $760, I'd say give the classifieds, or even craigslist a nice browse. You can find sweet deals on used wheels with tires(tons of great looking OEM options) for much less AND a set of lowering springs for that budget (If you DIY anyway).

For $760 I'd guess it depends on what kind of wheels and what brand tires you'd be getting.

The key will be 5x112 bolt pattern - 57.1 center bore(you can always purchase hubcentric rings for less than $20) and a proper offset. Although it sometimes depends on the design of the wheel, 30-35et is usually the sweet spot to be flush on a narrow body. Oh yeah, anything over 8.5" wide is pushing it on the narrow body.

The lower offset(0-29) the more chance that they poke out beyond the fender and obviously the higher offset moves the wheel closer to the suspension.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 10-29-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:25 AM
1st Gear

Here's a great thread if you haven't seen it yet:
Post your wheel/tire setup with pictures and information...

A bunch of different setups, to give you an idea of what a variety of wheel styles will look like.

Just about everyone is lowered in that thread, so I'm not sure how much it helps ya.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 10-29-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

See now... I'm cheap as hell. So I can't ever envision paying more than $300-$400 for wheels -- and they won't be new, lol.

If you're willing to shell out $760, I'd say give the classifieds, or even craigslist a nice browse. You can find sweet deals on used wheels with tires(tons of great looking OEM options) for much less AND a set of lowering springs for that budget (If you DIY anyway).

For $760 I'd guess it depends on what kind of wheels and what brand tires you'd be getting.

The key will be 5x112 bolt pattern - 57.1 center bore(you can always purchase hubcentric rings for less than $20) and a proper offset. Although it sometimes depends on the design of the wheel, 30-35et is usually the sweet spot to be flush on a narrow body. Oh yeah, anything over 8.5" wide is pushing it on the narrow body.

The lower offset(0-29) the more chance that they poke out beyond the fender and obviously the higher offset moves the wheel closer to the suspension.
see I'm still debating on lowering it or not. I feel that it's already low enough stock and since I live out in the countryside (I live on a pear orchard) here in the Stockton area in Northern California so I don't know one side of me tell me lower a bit but the other says keep stock. Hmmm what to do?

Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

see I'm still debating on lowering it or not. I feel that it's already low enough stock and since I live out in the countryside (I live on a pear orchard) here in the Stockton area in Northern California so I don't know one side of me tell me lower a bit but the other says keep stock. Hmmm what to do?
I understand, I think if the plan is to keep it stock, then don't go bigger than 18s.

Quick Reply: A8 19" turbine wheels on 01 A6 Avant