Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 01:38 PM
1st Gear
Default Abs

Having ABS issues. My service manual says that the ABS controll module on my year model is located on the passenger footboard. All the videos I find about changing it show the work all being done under the hood. The manual says that after 2001 the control module and the pump are all one unit... anyone have a 2000 A6 2.8l that has done this that could verify for me the location? I would rather not take out the carpet etc. on the passenger side to find nothing there.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:01 PM
4th Gear

Have you looked for it under the hood?

Old 08-07-2014, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

yes. There is an ABS component under the hood and I think the control module is part of that but my Bentley service manual says its not and I dont know for sure what the control module should look like nor what the other component would look like without the control module attached. I know that the videos I have seen of people changing the control module does look like whats under my hood. That is why I asked here...to see if someone could confirm for me.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:54 AM
4th Gear

It should look like this, under the hood, attached to the metal box with a bunch of lines coming out of it.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

yup thats under the hood. So, not that you would know for sure but why the heck would the service manual say the ABS is in the passenger floor board for my year model when its clearly not? I have also noticed that the fuse panel is not correct as labeled on the cover nor as indicated by the service manual. How the heck is someone supposed to find electrical problems if the damn literature is wrong??

Old 08-09-2014, 05:22 PM
4th Gear

tricky indeed

Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Edo
1st Gear

What is the problem you are experiencing? I just got done repairing mine. Or had it repaired would be more accurate. I had all the BAS and tracs lights on, plus the annoying buzzer at start up. And the trans starting in 2nd or 3rd while it was still connected

Old 08-28-2014, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

sorry! I have not logged on here for the last couple of weeks. The list of little problems on this car is exhausting and its been 100*F here for the last little bit and i have not had the energy to mess with the car after I get done with work. The ABS light stays on and the "brake" light flashes red. I got the error code indicating that the ABS control module is not communicating with the main computer. According to the local Audi shop manager those are all cause by the control module going out. I am planning to remove it and send it off ot have it re-built but have not done so yet.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Edo
1st Gear

That is exactly the problem I had with mine. It also caused communication problems that had the car starting in third gear. I used a place in Atlanta, I think airbags are us, or something similar. If you need it, let me know.

It is removed the drivers side wheel well. Pretty easy to get at. I ended up replacing the front ABS sensors as well to finally put it to rest, but I think that was unrelated.