Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Headlights Choices, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 PM
1st Gear
Default Aftermarket Headlights Choices, HELP!!!

Hey everyone, I understand that there are tons of posts concerning aftermarket headlights but I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for. I have a 2002 A6 3.0 Red exterior and was shopping for some aftermarket headlights but can't seem to make a selection. I was really interested in these but can NOT find a single picture of this model light on any 2002 A6 and was hoping you guys could send me a picture of them if you have them on your car by any chance and tell me if you liked them. If you don't have them then just let me know if you THINK they would look cool or do you think they look TOO aftermarket? Anything would help. Thanks: http://www.carid.com/2002-audi-a6-he...tor-82226.html

Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 PM
1st Gear

http://www.lltek.com/audi_headlights...g_lights_f.htm

Read this first. I want the same ones, but I have auto-leveling headlights (2004) so I can't.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the advice. After reading that article, I checked and I don't have the auto-leveling headlights. Also, i think the ones on that link were slightly different due to a couple realllly minor differences in appearance and that they come with HID fixtures. Did you like the black ones or the chrome?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

If you car is red, I personally would go with the Chrome one. but its up to you, do you want the flashy look or the stealth look. I like the flashy my self.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:00 AM
1st Gear

I like both flashey and stealth look, I have black Audi rings front and back so on my car I would get black lights. Get what match your car the best.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

Just to update you guys:

I went with the chrome and they look AWESOME! Doesn't look aftermarket at all... just newer!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 AM
1st Gear

Could you post a picture how they look like?. I am interested in buying this aftermarket led lights. I have an Audi A6 2002

Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 PM
1st Gear
Default pics

Hey guys, sorry this took so long but here are the pictures! I tried to upload some more (better ones) but kept getting upload errors.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Headlights Choices, HELP!!!-img_1421.jpg   Aftermarket Headlights Choices, HELP!!!-img_1424.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 PM
1st Gear
Default be careful

Originally Posted by javicho59
Could you post a picture how they look like?. I am interested in buying this aftermarket led lights. I have an Audi A6 2002
Something you might want to be careful about is the auto-leveling feature. Someone mentioned this previously in this thread and I thought I didn't have it but was apparently wrong. I believe that if your car already has HIDs then it'll have the auto-leveling feature which means that once you change you headlight housings, you'll be getting a yellow error message on your instrument screen right where it usually displays the song/radio station. I've gone to various mechanics and they assure me there simply is no way to delete the error message. However, the lights look so good that i find the trade to be worth it! Also, if you order the same lights that i did then they WILL NOT be HID. I had to buy an HID kit separately and rig it all together which was pretty simple. Otherwise it looks funny because your LEDs will be a bluish-white and you're regular lights will be yellow.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:53 PM
1st Gear

Thanks my friend, your car looks awesome!!!! I will get the black housing since my car is silver.
Regards.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Headlights Choices, HELP!!!