Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a6 3.2 V6 leaking water?

Old 09-29-2012, 03:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi a6 3.2 V6 leaking water?

So I noticed my car has been leaking a clear liquid (not oily or anything) in assuming its just water but it's leaking quite a lot on the left side right in front of my wheel from a little opening on the part that goes all around the wheel and is attached to the car (forgt what it's called) let me know what you think!!!!

Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

put something on floor like white sheet of paper in the area where it leaks. to get idea of exactly what color fluid is leaking. clear liquid could be condensation from your AC.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

When you leaking that implies water leaking into the interior of the car. Your description sounds like external drainage. Sorry not to be to picky, but there can be interior leaks related to a number of issues. I cant say what you are looking at, but try to follow the hose back into the car to see where it goes.
If it is a fixed hose through the fender well, it is most likely some water from AC or other area. You can test by pouring a little water on the cowling by the winshield to see where the water comes out. Also there are drains in you sunroof. Open sunrooof, parked on level ground pour a little water into sunroof tray, you should see water drain out.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Euge82
When you leaking that implies water leaking into the interior of the car. Your description sounds like external drainage. Sorry not to be to picky, but there can be interior leaks related to a number of issues. I cant say what you are looking at, but try to follow the hose back into the car to see where it goes.
If it is a fixed hose through the fender well, it is most likely some water from AC or other area. You can test by pouring a little water on the cowling by the winshield to see where the water comes out. Also there are drains in you sunroof. Open sunrooof, parked on level ground pour a little water into sunroof tray, you should see water drain out.
Hey man it was actually my washer fluid, thanks for your time on writing all that out. I'm gonna get it checked out soon