Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 2.7t Vac Lines, what can I rid of/clean up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM
1st Gear
Default 01 2.7t Vac Lines, what can I rid of/clean up?

Hello all- Bought a 2.7t Allroad project and I'm getting around to working on it.. Coming from 3 1.8t's, this things packed in there. Previous owner did a timing belt on it (Hopefully, reallly hoping, that it's on time), and afterwards could not get it running right. He thinks its something to do with a loose vac hose or something installed wrong while putting back together.

I've found quite a few loose connections and bad hoses, so I'm hoping the same.. Really hoping its not off time.

It'll start after lots of cranking, barley run and burn a lot of few smoke.. The oil had a significant (quart + judging by the dipstick) amount of fuel in it. Changed the oil, and the spark plugs..

Now I'm going to hook all the hoses back up snug and tight and see what is to come- Which brings me to my question-

What vacuum lines can I plug/pull/rid of? No emissions testing in the state of Indiana & I would really like to delete all the SAI/EVAP things that I can just for simplification and peace of mind.

Any guide to do this or advice on my problems?

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2013, 11:08 PM
2nd Gear

None, you need your vac lines.
The car depends on them and it systems are analyzed and adjusted by a computer. This isn't a 1976 caprice.

replace the vac lines with oem braided ecstuning has them.

But somethings else is wrong,
check your timing and compression for bent valves.
fuel in the oil? check your injectors to make sure they are not gummed up and leaking. If they are stuck open you'll be washing your cylinders.
stop running the engine until you check these things.