Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 Pricing and Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 08:06 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 Pricing and Reliability

I am planning to be a brand new Audi owner this week. I wanted your opinion on two things:

1. How reliable is the new 2013 Audi? Its either Audi or Lexus GS350. I am tilting towards the Audi but all the internet chatter around reliability scares me

2. What would be a great deal on an Audi 3.0T with prestige package? Invoice?

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2013, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

Personally, I'd never buy an Audi again. It's more of a sports car, than a comfort car. My A6 has very stiff suspension, rough acceleration and aggressive braking. It's not a comfortable car to drive. It's only two months old, and I'm desperate to get rid of it. Also, the technology and "gadgetry" are way overdone. These toys are going to break eventually, and they're expensive to repair. Next time it's a Lexus for me.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM
2nd Gear

I believe many enthusiasts consider most Audi models to be Luxury sports cars. Their suspension and gearboxes do have a sporty side to them. The A8 I think kind of "hides" these qualities a little better with its size.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

I just bought a 2013 A6 with prestige pkg. I found a really good deal on a manager trade in. Almost every dealership I went to offered to sell a brand new car for $1,500 under invoice. I actually drove 1 1/2 hours away to make the deal because the dealerships in my area were very hard to deal with. I personally would never buy brand new find a early lease trade in and then buy the extended factory warranty which is much better than having a CPO car.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 AM
1st Gear

Personally, I'd never buy an Audi again. It's more of a sports car, than a comfort car. My A6 has very stiff suspension, rough acceleration and aggressive braking. It's not a comfortable car to drive. It's only two months old, and I'm desperate to get rid of it. Also, the technology and "gadgetry" are way overdone. These toys are going to break eventually, and they're expensive to repair. Next time it's a Lexus for me.

.... did you test drive your A6 prior to buying? Most people do that sort of thing so they can evalulate the suspension, acceleration and braking, and you can also see all the overdone 'gadgetry' prior to making such an expensive purchase. True, when you get around to looking at a Lexus (if you will do that prior to buying), it will be a softer, less sporty ride, but you will see no fewer expensive gadgets inside.