Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi USA Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi USA Customer Service

I've had some recurring issues with my 2013 A6, 2.0 liter, and have tried several times to get some help from the Customer Service Dept of Audi USA. I've actually tried three times to get some substantial response, and have repeatedly been frustrated.

The first time a woman called me in response to my survey of the new Audi. She called because my answers to the survey were not very flattering. She proceeded in a very juvenile tone of saying "I'm sooo sorry", "I feel so bad for you", and (in response to my telling her that my car had only 1300 mi) she said "It's only a baby". I fealt like I was in kindergarten. This condescending response to my complaint that the car was not performing as it should, was so very frustrating, and never contained any substance. Needless to say, I ended the conversation as quickly as I could.

The second I time I contacted Customer Service was by e-mail. I listed my complaints about the performance of the car. In a short time I received a response that was like a form letter. It contained all the scripted phrases, like "Thank you for letting me deal with your complaint", "We're so sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction", and finally instructed me, if I had any problems with any warranty issues with car, I should go to my local Audi service department. "Thank you very much".

The third time I tried to use the chat room on the Audi USA web page. I listed my complaints, and I immediately received a response from someone named Shelby. He/she was very nice and finally stated that he/she would open a case on the issue, and would get back to me in one week. A week passed and I received the same "form" e-mail, stating that they were still working on the issue and would get back to me in another week. After a week I received nothing and sent Shelby an e-mail to remind him/her of the issue. I received the same form e-mail, stating that they were still working on the problem and would get back to me in a week. Two weeks went by and I received nothing. I called Audi USA customer service main number and spoke to another rep. That person told me that there were no service bulletins pending for any of the issues, and I should discuss the problems with my local service department.

I really question the effectiveness and sincerity of the customer service reps. I continually received the same "form" responses, with the same phrases in each response. Only the dates were changed. They appeared to be very eager to listen to the problem and provide a lot of sympathy, but they didn't do too much to reach a resolution.

I'm convinced that they simply will show unlimited sympathy, sending scripted responses, and will continue to "stonewall", hoping that the unhappy customer will simply surrender and go away.

Art M

Old 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM
2nd Gear

What issues are you having with the car?

Edit: Nevermind. I remember your issues now.

For anyone reading this, see this thread to read up on what problems he's having with his car. I think only after reading that thread will a would-be buyer be properly informed. Your (this) new thread could easily be taken out of context by a potential customer.

Sorry it hasn't worked out for you. They are great cars, but it seems like it's not your taste. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 07-08-2013 at 03:53 PM.