Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before you pull the radio to get code~Audi Dealer wanted $65 after pulling my radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 04:16 AM
1st Gear
Arrow Before you pull the radio to get code~Audi Dealer wanted $65 after pulling my radio

I just bought an Audi A6 without factory manuals and the radio was on safe mode. I went through the pain of pulling my radio for the serial # with cheap ring keys I already had in my garage (almost gave up and was going to take to Car Toys to have it pulled). I finally got the radio out safely and called the Audi dealer for the code.

To my surprise they wanted me to bring it in and charge me $65 even though I'd already pulled out the radio. They said it was policy. If I recall right, I called in the past for a radio code on my last Audi and they gave it to me. After complaining and telling them I went through the trouble of pulling the radio and just bought the car, they told me that if it had been serviced there before and the radio code was in their records they could give it to me. Thankfully this Audi had been serviced there before, and they had the code in their records. So they gave me the code.

*I found out since they had the code in "their records" they didn't even want the radio #'s, just the VIN, so I just pulled the radio for nothing At least I have the code now and didn't have to pay $65 for it*

Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 AM
1st Gear

A simple call to Audi would also provide the needed code for free, and your dealer must know that!