Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bizzarre misfire times in 00' A6 2.7t MT

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 08:23 PM
1st Gear
Angry Bizzarre misfire times in 00' A6 2.7t MT

I've researched everywhere on this site so i wouldnt start a new forum, and haven't really seem the same symptoms im experiencing. In my 00 a6 2.7t MT im misfiring, only when im a idle (sometimes) and then the car starts choking and the acceleration is weakened with the check engine light on and flashing, then it goes away after a few minutes, then comes back. In the morning, the car runs fine, until heated up, sometimes right when i start up the car it immediately starts misfiring, sometimes it doesnt. Started with the basics, replaced all plugs, all coils, even the coil boots. Took care of alot of the misfire, but still misfiring occasionally and CE light flashing from time to time with no power. I replaced both ICM's (ignition control modules), this did not affect the final misfire in cylinder #5, fortunately, i finally caught the car on a scanner when it was in the process of misfiring, it read cylinder 5 misfire. It happened when I removed the gas cap, coincidental highly unlikely, but it was odd. If i leave idle for longer than 20 seconds it will misfire, is there something I'm missing? i've ran compression tests which came back fine, check all injectors, seemed fine, is there anything im missing? Help.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by corky1
I've researched everywhere on this site so i wouldnt start a new forum, and haven't really seem the same symptoms im experiencing. In my 00 a6 2.7t MT im misfiring, only when im a idle (sometimes) and then the car starts choking and the acceleration is weakened with the check engine light on and flashing, then it goes away after a few minutes, then comes back. In the morning, the car runs fine, until heated up, sometimes right when i start up the car it immediately starts misfiring, sometimes it doesnt. Started with the basics, replaced all plugs, all coils, even the coil boots. Took care of alot of the misfire, but still misfiring occasionally and CE light flashing from time to time with no power. I replaced both ICM's (ignition control modules), this did not affect the final misfire in cylinder #5, fortunately, i finally caught the car on a scanner when it was in the process of misfiring, it read cylinder 5 misfire. It happened when I removed the gas cap, coincidental highly unlikely, but it was odd. If i leave idle for longer than 20 seconds it will misfire, is there something I'm missing? i've ran compression tests which came back fine, check all injectors, seemed fine, is there anything im missing? Help.
What SP gap are you running? I believe a stock calls for .28-.34

Old 09-25-2012, 04:11 PM
1st Gear
Question Pull it

I would pull the plug and check for anything wrong and how its firing.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

plugs are fine, just pulled them, im completely stumped, someone mentioned to do a capacative discharge to clear anything, that is my final step before ....I....uhhh....sighhh take it to the audi dealer

Old 09-26-2012, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

oh and .29's all the wall around TwinBoost, that was the first step was to get new plugs and make sure they are gapped in those coordinates

Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 PM
1st Gear

I would recommend purchasing a OBDII interface. Such as ELM327. It will help you on your diagnosis and would be helpful if you can log data so when the miss comes, you can determine where it might be coming from.

So far what I know is that it may be your IACV or a dirty MAF showing a hiccup reading.