AudiForums.com

Go Back   AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by Audi USA Parts
Click Here

Welcome to Audi Forums!
Welcome to Audi Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2010, 03:17 PM

Default Brake Pad worn warning light

Hi,
I have got a 2002 Audi A6 Quatro. The yellow brake light (O) started flashing a couple of days back. Now the car is not accelerating properly. I need to push the gas pedal a lot to move at 45-50 MPH. I have new front pads and rotors installed a few months back.

Any ideas on what could be the issue? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 AM
1st Gear

yeaa the wiring that connects to the sensor is probly corroded and destroyed...mine was destroyed pretty bad, but all it is, is 2 wires that connect to the brake pad sensor, its very obvious when u remove the front 2 wheels (only the fronts have them) and the wire will probly just be hanging there. You can either reroute the wires back into the sensors or short the 2 wires together and the light will go away, i went for the shorting of the wires...was alot easier and i can usually tell when my pads are low just from driving.

Your accelerating problem is not brake pad related, do you have a CEL (check engine light)? if so or even if not, take it down to autozone and get it scanned real quick to see if any codes pop out, or even better borrow or buy a vag-com
Old 04-20-2010, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the valuable inputs!

CEL is not on! The accelerator problem is happening after the Brade Pad Warning Light started coming.

Thanks,
Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
3rd Gear

Points: 6,483, Level: 52 Points: 6,483, Level: 52 Points: 6,483, Level: 52
Level up: 67%, 67 Points needed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Daily Activity: 1.1%
Daily Activity: 1.1% Daily Activity: 1.1% Daily Activity: 1.1%

The only way the acceleration problem and pad sensor would be connected is if the new brakes were incorrectly installed and the front brakes were dragging. BUT you would have felt that long before the light came on.

You gotta figure out if the pad light is due to worn pads, bad connectors, or broken wires. If it is worn pads someone did a poor job or your riding around with a foot on the gas and the other on the brake.
1919 Model T Ford Beach Wagon - AKA Woodie
Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM

Tags
07, 2002, a6, audi, brake, indicator, light, long, pad, pades, pads, q7, warning, worn, yellow