Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying used Audi, Bose radio and other issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM
1st Gear
Default Buying used Audi, Bose radio and other issues

Hello everyone so I found a nice deal on a 99 A6 and I'm likely going to pick it up Monday. It just has a few problems that I want to know if they can be remedied. Firstly the Bose radio works perfectly fine EXCEPT there is no sound playing from the radio. No crackling or anything. Also when turning the volume dial, no indication of sound level is present. Is this how all A6s are?

Last issue is the Airbag light is lit. No other lights are on just that one. Do you think the airbag is still functional?

Old 09-14-2013, 07:26 PM
2nd Gear

Airbag is probably not good and I would recommend getting the module (under the radio/AC controls) replaced. Usually very expensive unless you do it yourself (you basically get to tear the entire center console and half the dash apart! but it's not hard if you go slow and take your time). I would first of all get it scanned to see what's going on. Chances are that it has an internal memory error.

You'll have to explain the issue with the radio a bit clearer because you are very vague. You say it "works perfectly" and then says it doesn't play any sound from the radio? So I assume that the tape deck works? Maybe you have a CD changer in back that you tried as well? The only 'indication of sound level' is how loud the actual sound is, there are absolutely no displays anywhere of what your 'current volume' is. I kind of like it! I get a little OCD about having the volume on my TV at certain numbers so it's nice not to care. More information about the Audi Concert Radio can be found here: Ti Kan: Audi Radios (and check out the Programming Guide in that section too, it's very good info to have).

Old 09-14-2013, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

Not good news on the air bag issue but for the radio, I mean the display and buttons all function but no actual sound comes out of the speakers. I have only tried the radio and haven't done a CD or tape yet.