Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 A6 2.7T leaking coolant [INSIDE DRIVER SIDE]

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 04:02 PM
1st Gear
Default C5 A6 2.7T leaking coolant [INSIDE DRIVER SIDE]

Hello people!

well i have a problem, today i jumped into my car like any other day and i notice coolant inside of the car, "Driver side" i'm assuming that my heater core need to be replace. what do you guys think?

btw i been looking for it on the internet but not luck so if guys know a place that i can get it from i'll be really thankful for it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 AM
2nd Gear

Here is a link to heater cores for the C5:

03 2003 Audi A6 Quattro Heater Core - Climate Control - APDI, Genuine - PartsGeek

Beware: If this is your first big job on your 2.7t, this is a big one to tackle! Expect your car to be unusable for at least 1 to 2 weeks. I have heard nightmare stories about doing heater cores on our cars. Knock on wood I have never had to do one... yet.

I would have to say with the knowledge that I have with the rest of the coolant system, pretty much the only way you would notice coolant in the passenger compartment would be a cracked heater core.

Are you seeing a loss of coolant in your expansion tank?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar
Here is a link to heater cores for the C5:

03 2003 Audi A6 Quattro Heater Core - Climate Control - APDI, Genuine - PartsGeek

Beware: If this is your first big job on your 2.7t, this is a big one to tackle! Expect your car to be unusable for at least 1 to 2 weeks. I have heard nightmare stories about doing heater cores on our cars. Knock on wood I have never had to do one... yet.

I would have to say with the knowledge that I have with the rest of the coolant system, pretty much the only way you would notice coolant in the passenger compartment would be a cracked heater core.

Are you seeing a loss of coolant in your expansion tank?
yea it seem to be a big job for the fact that i have to take the whole dash board apart. i already got the heater core. thanks for the link. and yes i'm loosing a lot of coolant. i will start this work this weekend hopefully i can get it done by this weekend too i been watching a lot of youtube video and it doesnt seem like i do not need any special tool. which is a good thing.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 AM
2nd Gear

Good luck and let us know how you make out.